2022 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was a really good read.
Yeah read that the other day. It's crazy, the guy just sounds like he was fucked up in the head from day one and no one ever did anything about it. Probably because he was really good at football.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So what do y'all say about UCF moving to the Big 12? They suck ass, right?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Last week Oklahoma entered into a partnership with ESPN.

OU will have their own channel on ESPN+ called SoonerVision.

Best part this new deal is they're scrapping the annual PPV game. They were charging people a $55 PPV charge just to watch Oklahoma beat the brakes off low level DII schools. Now those games will be aired on ESPN+.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Last week Oklahoma entered into a partnership with ESPN.

OU will have their own channel on ESPN+ called SoonerVision.

Best part this new deal is they're scrapping the annual PPV game. They were charging people a $55 PPV charge just to watch Oklahoma beat the brakes off low level DII schools. Now those games will be aired on ESPN+.

Ugh, this is just as bad as the Longhorn Network. And "Soonervision" is gay as shit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
So what do y'all say about UCF moving to the Big 12? They suck ass, right?
They are going to get beat to shit for a while, but it will mean better money, exposure, and recruiting juice.

So five years from now...

1bigfan13

Staff member
Thank you, Coach Saban, for calling out A&M's wicked ways.

I'm calling for a full NCAA investigation and a 10 year bowl ban.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you, Coach Saban, for calling out A&M's wicked ways.

I'm calling for a full NCAA investigation and a 10 year bowl ban.

Paying players has become such a weird dynamic. Suddenly if you're not going to be a first round NFL draft pick you're better option may be to stay in school, enter the transfer portal and see who will pay the most for your services. It may be more than that of a middle round NFL draft pick. Tyler Smith was about to do that before he jumped to the NFL because of his projections.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Paying players has become such a weird dynamic. Suddenly if you're not going to be a first round NFL draft pick you're better option may be to stay in school, enter the transfer portal and see who will pay the most for your services. It may be more than that of a middle round NFL draft pick. Tyler Smith was about to do that before he jumped to the NFL because of his projections.
I'm all for the concept of players receiving compensation for their NIL but the NCAA really screwed this up with their hands off approach. I don’t like how the guys jump from team to team like hired mercenaries.

If they're going to start being paid like professionals then there should be some type of contract language in place that locks them into the schools for a certain amount of time. Maybe it's time to revisit some of the old transfer rules and not make a blanket policy that everyone who transfers is immediately eligible to play. If these guys had to start sitting out for a year that would curb a lot of the jumping around for quick cash grabs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I've also noticed there's still a lot of good players in the transfer portal who are still weighing their "offers". The season starts in a little over 3 months and these guys are still out there shopping themselves around. They're going to get paid but I wouldn't bank on them having their best seasons this rear.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've also noticed there's still a lot of good players in the transfer portal who are still weighing their "offers". The season starts in a little over 3 months and these guys are still out there shopping themselves around. They're going to get paid but I wouldn't bank on them having their best seasons this rear.
The Pitt WR sort of just shows how crazy it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom