2022 Season | Week 8 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | 10/30/2022

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But what I've noticed is that's been the case all year, that a lot of the runs are happening when our run front isn't in there. And Quinn rotates so heavily, that happens pretty often.

In fact that's one thing I wonder, is if as we get down the stretch that the deep backups don't need to play as much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But what I've noticed is that's been the case all year, that a lot of the runs are happening when our run front isn't in there. And Quinn rotates so heavily, that happens pretty often.

In fact that's one thing I wonder, is if as we get down the stretch that the deep backups don't need to play as much.
We love the pass rush. So yeah, when we have guys like Hankins in there and are trying to stop the run, we have the ability. But most of the time we want to harass the shit out of QBs. It's worked pretty well up to this point. We just need to learn to adjust based on what the other team is doing and does.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Quinn needs to be cognizant of maintaining the integrity of the runs right up the gut when we're going into our lighter pass-rushing packages, particularly in 3rd and 3-5 when we generally go into a "NASCAR" type package. It doesn't take much to run a draw for a few yards right up the middle when we're generally going to really wide/upfield type alignments.

The Bears caught us on that twice I believe and the Eagles converted a 3rd and 4ish on their last TD drive with a draw up the middle when we had clawed back to within 3.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The tail end of the game saw them gashing the B team defense, so this has some merit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The tail end of the game saw them gashing the B team defense, so this has some merit.
Not only that but when a team is trailing big, you're playing the big play. You've got guys dropping, 2 deep safeties and so on. So yeah, congrats you gashed a team trying to prevent the deep pass with some runs. It's like a QB trailing by 3 TDs who is suddenly compiling 10 yard passes with ease. Well yeah, because the defense knows the only way you have a shot is if you get a really quick score.

Truth is the Bears didn't even try to come back. They knew they couldn't with their talent. So they just kept running it and it padded the stats.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Tony "Haul-ard?" Okay...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not only that but when a team is trailing big, you're playing the big play. You've got guys dropping, 2 deep safeties and so on. So yeah, congrats you gashed a team trying to prevent the deep pass with some runs. It's like a QB trailing by 3 TDs who is suddenly compiling 10 yard passes with ease. Well yeah, because the defense knows the only way you have a shot is if you get a really quick score.

Truth is the Bears didn't even try to come back. They knew they couldn't with their talent. So they just kept running it and it padded the stats.
The Bears aren’t equipped to play from behind. The game turned into a mini-exhibition at the end.

Top Bottom