2022 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

This is a big problem in this country, and more especially this fucking league. Where did due process go? Accusations with no proof. Yet, he is now officially "egregious" and "predatory". How is this not defamatory?
I wouldn't say there is no proof. Proof of egregious and predatory actions does not necessarily mean proof of criminal conduct.

And frankly the independent arbitrator found there to be sufficient proof. She just had no basis to give a longer suspension than 6 games. Which is not her fault. The real problem is the appeal process is rigged bullshit. But whatever, it's not Zeke this time with the fake proceedings so it's whatever.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wouldn't say there is no proof. Proof of egregious and predatory actions does not necessarily mean proof of criminal conduct.

And frankly the independent arbitrator found there to be sufficient proof. She just had no basis to give a longer suspension than 6 games. Which is not her fault. The real problem is the appeal process is rigged bullshit. But whatever, it's not Zeke this time with the fake proceedings so it's whatever.
If she found he did anything wrong, why is there no criminal conviction?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If she found he did anything wrong, why is there no criminal conviction?
Because a crime isn't actually a requirement for an NFL suspension. Also because the burden of proof is more likely than not in these proceedings. A criminal proceeding requires beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ultimately the allegations that were found more likely than not were:

Sexual Assault

Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL.

Cotton

Staff member
Because criminal proceedings have a much higher bar (beyond a reasonable doubt) than civil or arbitration (preponderance).
Because a crime isn't actually a requirement for an NFL suspension. Also because the burden of proof is more likely than not in these proceedings. A criminal proceeding requires beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ultimately the allegations that were found more likely than not were:

Sexual Assault

Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person

Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL.
Thank you for the explanation.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, that's going to suck because I don't have Prime. I'll borrow someone's password or something, but it would still be better with OTA TV. I bet more people than they realize will agree.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, that's going to suck because I don't have Prime. I'll borrow someone's password or something, but it would still be better with OTA TV. I bet more people than they realize will agree.
What is OTA TV?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My wife has Prime so I can just log in with her account but I'll probably just find a bootleg stream. That'll be my little way of sticking it to the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom