2022 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Well he is the guy who punched the girl in the face in college.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We complain about Daks contract but what about Daniel Jones being paid the same?
Every QB is going to get that type of money now. It's just what's going to be expected. At least until the NFL starts to change and teams view guys on rookie deals as a better option. If you can make the QBs job easy enough to where a Purdy or Hurts can succeed, you might see a philosophy shift in the NFL that reverses some of those deals. But for now every respectable QB (Pains me to say that about Jones) will get Dak money.

And honestly if Dak signs an extension it will probably be fore even more down the road.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Every QB is going to get that type of money now. It's just what's going to be expected. At least until the NFL starts to change and teams view guys on rookie deals as a better option. If you can make the QBs job easy enough to where a Purdy or Hurts can succeed, you might see a philosophy shift in the NFL that reverses some of those deals. But for now every respectable QB (Pains me to say that about Jones) will get Dak money.

And honestly if Dak signs an extension it will probably be fore even more down the road.
I know but guys still complain about his salary. I know ROI and all but I believe we all (well probably not @Sheik ) would rather have Dak than Jones??

This is exactly what we said when he signed the deal. 40 would be the new 20 for qbs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know but guys still complain about his salary. I know ROI and all but I believe we all (well probably not @Sheik ) would rather have Dak than Jones??

This is exactly what we said when he signed the deal. 40 would be the new 20 for qbs.
It is, 40 is going to be the new starting point and the top end guys will probably be pushing 50. Suddenly that 32 we maybe could have had Dak for is sounding really good. Patience with signing a QB is a bad thing right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's Alvin Harper all over again.

Except Harper didn't put a guy out of football.
Pretty similar. If someone signs the guy to be a number 2 WR with a top notch QB he may do very well. But truth be told no situation is probably going to fit him better than the one he is already in. So if you expect to trade for him and get better you probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom