2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Stephen acts like he's gonna be able to take this shit to the grave. I wouldn't put it past him to quibble over $500K on a contract with a guy like Barr.
Absolutely.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Rewatching the Bucs game from last season and holy shit Connor Williams just repeatedly fucked us. That or the refs by calling holding. You pick but it was brutal.
Vita Vea caused havoc. They had to throw McGovern in place of Biadasz at one point.

LG-C was a fucking disaster last year. Reminded me of 1998.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vita Vea caused havoc. They had to throw McGovern in place of Biadasz at one point.

LG-C was a fucking disaster last year. Reminded me of 1998.
Biadasz struggled in that game and the next few but by the end of the season he was solid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Smith will have his growing pains but if he can play assignment sound for the most part (particularly when it comes to picking up stunts/twists) he's going to really help out Biadasz and solidifying the interior just by being big and strong as shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Smith will have his growing pains but if he can play assignment sound for the most part (particularly when it comes to picking up stunts/twists) he's going to really help out Biadasz and solidifying the interior just by being big and strong as shit.
That is the only thing I am concerned about with Smith is his mental awareness. He had issues with that as a tackle. That can be minimized as a guard for certain. But I do want to see us pull him, that should be fun. Our run design last year was so primitive.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That is the only thing I am concerned about with Smith is his mental awareness. He had issues with that as a tackle. That can be minimized as a guard for certain. But I do want to see us pull him, that should be fun. Our run design last year was so primitive.
Yea, my biggest concern is that Biadasz won't be able to help him much with the mental aspect of the game and they could compound each others errors. But then again he has Tyron to the left and Martin on the other side who should be able to help him out.

As far as the design of the run game, it was pathetic, basically just inside zone left/right with a few basic gap concepts mixed in and a sprinkling of designed perimeter runs every 3 games. I don't really get it, like just go watch the 49ers or Rams and steal a few ideas, what the fuck is Moore doing between February and July?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea, my biggest concern is that Biadasz won't be able to help him much with the mental aspect of the game and they could compound each others errors. But then again he has Tyron to the left and Martin on the other side who should be able to help him out.

As far as the design of the run game, it was pathetic, basically just inside zone left/right with a few basic gap concepts mixed in and a sprinkling of designed perimeter runs every 3 games. I don't really get it, like just go watch the 49ers or Rams and steal a few ideas, what the fuck is Moore doing between February and July?
The center thing is kind of a big deal.

I get how Jerry Jones dismissed Linderbaum and all that.

I just hope their Farniok love is founded.

He did do well in the Eagles mop-up game.

Too many people dismiss the center position, it is pretty damn important.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The center thing is kind of a big deal.

I get how Jerry Jones dismissed Linderbaum and all that.

I just hope their Farniok love is founded.

He did do well in the Eagles mop-up game.

Too many people dismiss the center position, it is pretty damn important.
It should be near the top of the list next year if Biadasz doesn't improve and/or Farniok doesn't step up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Lindstrom has got this.
Could be, he was a better college player than Farniok but it's hard to see a rookie UDFA taking over as a starting center. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Jarrett Patterson, he may end up as a better prospect than Linderbaum.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Biadasz was ordinary and at times an outright liability. Having solid guards on either side is the only way to limit the damage until the position improves.

It hugely impacts the running game when your center excels. A dominant center can take it to a whole new level because they affect both sides of the field and make both guards better.

Ray Donaldson. Fred. They helped lead some of the best rushing attacks we ever had.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Might be too tainted with Garrett.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could be, he was a better college player than Farniok but it's hard to see a rookie UDFA taking over as a starting center. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on Jarrett Patterson, he may end up as a better prospect than Linderbaum.
We probably won’t like him if we didn’t like Linderbaum. They have the same knock about their core power and anchor.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our best Olineman are either first round picks or undrafted Olineman. It's everything in-between we suck at...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom