2022 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Who ya got? Im listening.

id burn everything down, bring in Brian Flores and tell him to build his staff. Its not gold, its not going to be the end all. but if we re going to go down, lets go wiht someone whos willing to work with what he has and is able to use whats at his disposal and make changes that helps the team.

its out there thinking, i know that, but at least its an attempt to say 'we re trying something new since the days of Landry"

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Disciplined well coached teams don't always win it all. Also not sure Brees becomes Brees without Payton.

that i agree with. I think Payton made brees better than brees was. TOTALLY AGREE

however, after that, Sean Payton is ho hum. the end.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
How about Demarcus Ware, Jason witten, Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, etc?

You've been wasting careers for over 20 years.

At least Ware was fortunate enough to have the Cowboys cut him because if not, he'd have nothing to show for all his talent either.

if you want to be successful, get the hell out of Dallas

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I think that was Rooney Rule shenanigans.

It's possible, but weren't he and Mike the only guys to interview? Mike was considered almost as much of a washout as Marvin Lewis (although at least Mike had a Super Bowl ring). Jerry hiring Marvin would not have surprised me in the least.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well is the problem on offense play calling and coaching or is is execution? My take is that the players aren’t getting the job done especially with some who can’t function under pressure. Play calling can’t overcome poor or no execution.

Or how about both.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait, so changing players, coaches, scouts, GM, etc never improves your team?

I guess it's a complete mystery to Jerry how teams improve.
I took that as him saying everything is an option right now.

Jerry is just spouting off drunk more than likely. He will do nothing but make everyone think he will die to win a Superbowl. Little does he know we actually may need that to happen first...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm listening to the interview right now. I will say that he does sound more pissed than usual. Of course his "The players I put on this team are definitely good enough to win it all" is the same. He's certain Dak and Zeke and the OL are super great. So it's anyone's fault but his.

What I think is going on is he's mad at Stephen right now. It's clear he let Stephen make the MM hire and I don't think he likes it. I mean, how can you even talk about firing McCarthy after just two years -- one of which had zero chance because of crazy terrible injury luck --- when that redheaded mediocrity got a decade? The answer is because he loved Garrett like a son and is meh on McCarthy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm listening to the interview right now. I will say that he does sound more pissed than usual. Of course his "The players I put on this team are definitely good enough to win it all" is the same. He's certain Dak and Zeke and the OL are super great. So it's anyone's fault but his.

What I think is going on is he's mad at Stephen right now. It's clear he let Stephen make the MM hire and I don't think he likes it. I mean, how can you even talk about firing McCarthy after just two years -- one of which had zero chance because of crazy terrible injury luck --- when that redheaded mediocrity got a decade?
I think that's part of it in terms of Jerry being stuck on "his guys". McCarthy isn't one of his guys so he's more willing to move on, which is great if we end up with a legit HC search or Jerry pulls a Sean Payton-sized rabbit out of his hat.

But if it results in just handing over the reigns to the 2022 version of Jason Garrett circa 2010 (Moore) then we're truly in deep shit until Jerry is 6 feet under.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

What I think is going on is he's mad at Stephen right now. It's clear he let Stephen make the MM hire and I don't think he likes it. I mean, how can you even talk about firing McCarthy after just two years -- one of which had zero chance because of crazy terrible injury luck --- when that redheaded mediocrity got a decade? The answer is because he loved Garrett like a son and is meh on McCarthy.
It's like one of the job requirements is to be best friends with the owner.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Or how about both.
Do you mean that there is a problem in play calling even if the player (s) are not executing properly such as a QB isn’t getting the reads quick enough to deliver a pass. Or if a RB does a stutter step as he approaches the LOS or if an OL grabs and holds after he whiffed on his block? These players are supposed to by now have learned these basic tenants of playing the game but there are too many errors happening in crucial games at crucial times. Coaches can’t go on the field when it is time to play the game. Play calling is way down on the list compared to a player being ready to play. To my knowledge not one Coach has scored a TD or tackled someone for a loss or intercepted a pass etc. The coaches cook the game but players serve the table.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Do you mean that there is a problem in play calling even if the player (s) are not executing properly such as a QB isn’t getting the reads quick enough to deliver a pass. Or if a RB does a stutter step as he approaches the LOS or if an OL grabs and holds after he whiffed on his block? These players are supposed to by now have learned these basic tenants of playing the game but there are too many errors happening in crucial games at crucial times. Coaches can’t go on the field when it is time to play the game. Play calling is way down on the list compared to a player being ready to play. To my knowledge not one Coach has scored a TD or tackled someone for a loss or intercepted a pass etc. The coaches cook the game but players serve the table.

Yes. Some plays are poorly designed. Some plays telegraph to the defense what we're doing. And some plays are perfectly good plays but poorly executed.

It's all of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom