2022 Cowboys Preseason Week 1 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Broncos | 08/13/22

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
In preseason none the less. These games are almost unwatchable as is. To make them even worse to watch makes zero sense.
It's one of the great things about college football -- there aren't nearly as many flags. Not even close.

Nobody wants to see the zebras on their screens 25 times a game. Nobody wants to have to hold their breath after every big play. It's such a turnoff and totally unnecessary.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's one of the great things about college football -- there aren't nearly as many flags. Not even close.

Nobody wants to see the zebras on their screens 25 times a game. Nobody wants to have to hold their breath after every big play. It's such a turnoff and totally unnecessary.
Yeah they let players play in college football. Unless it's something obvious to the observer you don't see much of anything called and I think it's great.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't care about the bogus holds. This kid could be a monster at guard.
Agreed, all he needs is to be more consistent with his technique and to understand how to work twists/stunts and blitz pickups, basically he has to have his assignments down pact.

That's all coaching, and if the coaches who get paid literal millions can get that down we'll have a Pro Bowler.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah they let players play in college football. Unless it's something obvious to the observer you don't see much of anything called and I think it's great.
That's because college players don't have a union. The NFLPA is what has pushed the whole safety thing when they sued the NFL for the whole concussion/PTE stuff. So, the NFL knee-jerked because they didn't want to get sued again. College refs don't have to deal with that pressure.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's because college players don't have a union. The NFLPA is what has pushed the whole safety thing when they sued the NFL for the whole concussion/PTE stuff. So, the NFL knee-jerked because they didn't want to get sued again. College refs don't have to deal with that pressure.
But that wouldn't explain the silly holding and illegal contact calls...

Anyway, I'll let it go and say it's great that Smith is so obviously talented and Bland looks like a player. Plus Williams will help even if it takes longer than we'd like.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I guess, but Lawrence, Osa, and Armstrong didn't play. Gallimore didn't play many snaps. Who was he disappointed in? Fowler and Golston?

Top Bottom