2022 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
When he says "some" were not impressed does he mean people with the team? Or random Twitter yahoos?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm certain he's talking about random Twitter yahoos.
If Quinn stays than I think Kearse is my number 2 priority behind Gregory.

But I could see questioning if Kearse turns back into the player he was if we get a new defensive coordinator that doesn't know how to use him. Zimmer comes in and I'm not wasting money on Kearse.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

But I could see questioning if Kearse turns back into the player he was if we get a new defensive coordinator that doesn't know how to use him. Zimmer comes in and I'm not wasting money on Kearse.
Yea my only concern is that Kearse's value is tied to Quinn's use of him, so if/when Quinn goes I wouldn't value Kearse quite as highly.

I'd still try to re-sign him (unless we hire Zimmer) because his role wasn't anything truly unique, he was basically just a box safety who attacked the LOS and covered TE's out of the slot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea my only concern is that Kearse's value is tied to Quinn's use of him, so if/when Quinn goes I wouldn't value Kearse quite as highly.

I'd still try to re-sign him (unless we hire Zimmer) because his role wasn't anything truly unique, he was basically just a box safety who attacked the LOS and covered TE's out of the slot.
Kearse was our best safety, that much is clear. Of the 3 he is the one I'd make a priority to keep. Kazee I'm good with walking and Hooker I'd keep but not at much of a price.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
why do people assume Quinn has all these options?
Are you asking why do we think he has all of these interviews or do you think its just for show?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
im just curious why our fans think hes going anywhere.
Well I think you have to take into consideration that the NFL likes to recycle their coaches. What he did with the Dallas defense in a short amount of time is an eye catcher. Though they didn't win he was able to get the Falcons to the Super Bowl. Then there is the fact that its just not 1 interview. Its almost every opening if not all of them. Someone is going to offer him a HC position. Now whether he wants that again who really know. Money will win out, though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Remember, Kearse was in Minny and was mostly ineffective in Zimmer's defense. I like the player, I don't trust Zimmer's relationship with him and his ability to use him correctly.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Kearse was our best safety, that much is clear. Of the 3 he is the one I'd make a priority to keep. Kazee I'm good with walking and Hooker I'd keep but not at much of a price.
where do you rank Wilson?

Top Bottom