2022 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's a damn good football coach and I don't think he'd take an assistant's job when he could have been a HC elsewhere unless he felt there was a good chance he could take over there at some point.
I agree, not sure why he went to Texas otherwise.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's a damn good football coach and I don't think he'd take an assistant's job when he could have been a HC elsewhere unless he felt there was a good chance he could take over there at some point.
He is an excellent coach, but I don't think he's the type of guy UT would accept. He's a pure coach, not a gladhander type. Sort of the anti-Mack Brown.

And coaches have been taking analyst jobs like that lately when they get fired to sort of rehab themselves and wait for the next good opportunity. Saban has a huge collection of them at Bama.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Good. That way Oklahoma can kick the shit out of his team like we used to do when he was at Texas Tech.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Alabama is on the wrong list. One L and their fan base loses their fucking minds.
Yeah easy to not be sensitive when your team rarely loses. I’m an Ohio State fan and they are too low. These people lose their minds.

also the rest of the big ten on the opposite list from OSU and Michigan is proper. They are too used to being dominated. Also the whole easy going Midwest thing is generally correct.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So the Big 10 and SEC will poach the crown jewels of the Big 12/ACC while the mid-tier teams of those conferences eventually join together to create a 3rd, not quite as good, but still viable conference?

Sounds about right.

And then these conferences will get so large that they'll probably break into 3 or 4 separate divisions each, probably by geography, and we'll be nearly back to where we started just under less banners.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So the Big 10 and SEC will poach the crown jewels of the Big 12/ACC while the mid-tier teams of those conferences eventually join together to create a 3rd, not quite as good, but still viable conference?

Sounds about right.

And then these conferences will get so large that they'll probably break into 3 or 4 separate divisions each, probably by geography, and we'll be nearly back to where we started just under less banners.
Yes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Sounds about right.

Difference is they'll be a lot richer; which is what all of this boils down to.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think eventually geography will barely matter and everything will be separated into the biggest revenue generators, the second tier, third tier, etc. So the Wake Forests and Vanderbilts of the world will get bumped down a level.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I will be watching for a youngster named Bargins that is a Freshman and is in the defensive secondary role. We are friends with his grandmother and he played here in Allen Texas. He was a pretty good player but a little on the small side. Maybe he can put on some size while he is getting used to the college level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom