2021 Season, Week 9 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Broncos @ Cowboys | 11/7/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What motivates referees? Beyond the paycheck, what do they do on their job that makes them feel proud (where they say to themselves, "I was great today.") Is their anything besides "I didn't make a mistake"? They get graded every week and so, of course, they probably like getting favorable evaluations. Seems likely that there is an ego thing about having millions of people watching them doing their job and feeling proud about performing on the biggest stage.

Obviously it would be bad for a ref to try to fix a game. Someone on a power trip also would make a very bad ref. I wonder if there is a "professional culture" for refs and if it needs some adjustment.
Absolutely correct.

Cotton

Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So the nosetackle on the left (offensive) side of the formation didn't get all the way across the line to stop a RB running outside the right end? What do people expect there? That run looks like it was on Gregory and probably Neal.

On another note, Osa was obviously a massive hit. He might be really good in the next few years.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I’d say the Bears fucked themselves scoring the go-ahead TD too fast, leaving 1:45 remaining, but it caught the referees by surprise before refs could start throwing flags.
Fields had a really nice series to get the go ahead score. Shame he got fucked out of a win by the refs.

Cotton

Staff member

Jerry, I don't believe that is how that phrase is supposed to work, homie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom