2021 Season, Week 5 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Giants @ Cowboys | 10/10/21

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I still can't believe how well this OL is blocking. It almost looks like 2016 but they're doing it with less talent.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That was such a beautifully blocked play. Tyron blocking down, Schultz sealing off his guy, along with Williams and Badass pulling, both completely erasing their guy. If Pollard makes the safety coming over miss, that's six.

If these guys keep blocking like this, we're going to see both Pollard and Zeke springing a lot more long runs as the year goes on. Joe Philbin deserves massive praise for pulling these guys together. Now we just hope for a healthy year, and they only get better.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Looked like a good block to me.
There was quite a bit of change of direction. In that first one it could have been called there. Also could have been called at the end when the guy was on the ground. I just think his was the most likely block that could be called for holding in the refs eyes.

GShock

DCC 4Life
From Strum's morning after:

On Sunday, 46 men took the field wearing the Star. Twenty-two starters and 24 other players stepped on the field for a given snap. Of those, 28 have joined the team since Jason Garrett and his coaching staff were dismissed in January of 2020.

That is right, as you are remembering Garrett and his era every time the camera showed him, I am here to tell you that 28 of the 46 players on the field in the white uniforms never played a snap for him.

That’s 61 percent of the team. Fully new and fully from the cloth of this new coaching staff. They are not worried about your anxieties and sadness about what Cowboys football has become.

Yes, there are many holdovers — 18 to be exact. And those 18 probably are 75 percent (or more) of the salary cap.

We would be foolish not to wonder what the new men on the headsets and the new players under their charges — like Parsons, Diggs, and Lamb or the veterans brought in like Keanu Neal, Damontae Kazee, and Jayron Kearse have done to get this thing turned around in short order.

This is not that Cowboys roster. Sixty-one percent has been here less than 18 months. Heck, more than half of that has only been here six months.

You wanted a new era and I would argue we are watching one.

Top Bottom