2021 Season, Week 3 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Eagles @ Cowboys | 09/26/21

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He doesn't look super athletic but he runs well.

For all the issues we sometimes complain about with Biadasz he does a great job here creating the massive hole. He blocks his guy totally out of the play and then goes and blocks a second guy.
Yea Biadasz seems much better in the run game than in pass protection, which makes some sense given the run-oriented offense at Wisconsin. I have to re-watch the Eagles game but I think a big part of his issue in pass protection is his hand placement, his hands seem to get very wide near the defenders shoulder pads and he loses his chest and leverage, which allows the DT's to bull rush him straight back.

His balance/strength moving backward don't seem there to some extent either.

It's a big issue but it's also something that can be fixed. I'd be plenty fine with replacing him with a guy like Linderbaum but ultimately there's alot to work with Biadasz if he can improve in pass protection.

In terms of Williams/McGovern moving to center, if they can't snap they can't play, that's really all it comes down to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I noticed that the short passing game/screen game looked much crisper against Tampa than we've seen in probably forever. It seems like we haven't been able to seamlessly run the screen game as far back as I can remember.

There was also a little screen to Schultz on about 3rd and 4 from midfield early in the 4th that was awesome on the drive that led to the Wilson TD.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea Biadasz seems much better in the run game than in pass protection, which makes some sense given the run-oriented offense at Wisconsin. I have to re-watch the Eagles game but I think a big part of his issue in pass protection is his hand placement, his hands seem to get very wide near the defenders shoulder pads and he loses his chest and leverage, which allows the DT's to bull rush him straight back.

His balance/strength moving backward don't seem there to some extent either.

It's a big issue but it's also something that can be fixed. I'd be plenty fine with replacing him with a guy like Linderbaum but ultimately there's alot to work with Biadasz if he can improve in pass protection.

In terms of Williams/McGovern moving to center, if they can't snap they can't play, that's really all it comes down to.
Yeah I also look at McGovern who looks like a different man this season. Or at least he did in preseason. I don't think it's crazy to think it takes a prospect a few years to really hit their prime on the Oline.

Basically Biadasz doesn't worry me at this point. The one or two bad blocks a game aren't really holding us back too badly as long as Dak doesn't fumble. And he at least isn't getting flat out beat where the QB is getting killed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I also look at McGovern who looks like a different man this season. Or at least he did in preseason. I don't think it's crazy to think it takes a prospect a few years to really hit their prime on the Oline.

Basically Biadasz doesn't worry me at this point. The one or two bad blocks a game aren't really holding us back too badly as long as Dak doesn't fumble. And he at least isn't getting flat out beat where the QB is getting killed.
It's going to be an issue in some games though, especially in the playoffs potentially. He got roasted against the Eagles and that Hargrave/Biadasz matchup is basically the only thing that gave them any life at all.

When we aren't dominating like that it's going to come back to bite us in the ass, but unfortunately we don't really have an alternative at this point. With that said, I generally agree that there is plenty of room for improvement and that it's reasonable to expect that with improvement he could be a very solid starting center.

It's just something we have to work around in the meantime unless Williams or McGovern magically learn how to snap consistently.

Top Bottom