2021 Season, Week 2 | Thursday Night Gameday Chatter Thread | Giants @ WFT | 09/16/21

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
IRVING, Texas – It could be the play that costs the Cowboys a playoff berth.

With the Giants bringing the all-out blitz, Miles Austin runs right by cornerback Aaron Ross to get wide open up the seam. It’s an easy touchdown if Austin catches Tony Romo’s throw, essentially the knockout blow in the NFC East heavyweight fight.

But Austin never got a finger on the ball, which landed a foot or two away from him. The Cowboys punted the next snap and watched Eli Manning go to work on the game-winning drive.

For some reason, Romo has been ripped for not putting the pass on the money. That’s ridiculous. He lofted it toward the middle of the field, knowing there wasn’t a safety there, to let Austin run under it.

“I wish I would have reacted better, to be honest with you, sooner,” Austin said Friday. “Obviously, it was a missed opportunity. It was big for our team. That would have been huge for us in the game. Just gotta get better and that and continue on forward.”

Austin told Romo he lost the ball in the lights.

The Cowboys hope their season wasn’t also lost in the lights.
In similar situations earlier in the year, Romo had hit Laurent Robinson for easy scores. He and Austin just weren't at all on the same page.

Austin missed it, but I will say Romo loved to go for the haymaker when we badly needed a jab. That throw was Romo's fault as much as Austin's. Austin took the heat to protect his QB.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
Giants losing by 1 point because Garrett played for the fg
Each game that they lose cements his status as a coach who’s timid and plays not to lose. Imagine if he had coached us vs Tampa. We would’ve been slaughtered.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Crayton pulled up on a route in the 2007 divisional game against the Giants with like 20 seconds left, Austin is the one who supposedly lost it in the lights in 2011 I believe, which would've more or less clinched the division.

Instead he muffed it and the Giants went on to another fluke SB.
Miles Austin owns up to mistake on would-be TD
Dec 15, 2011

• Tim MacMahonESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – It could be the play that costs the Cowboys a playoff berth.

With the Giants bringing the all-out blitz, Miles Austin runs right by cornerback Aaron Ross to get wide open up the seam. It’s an easy touchdown if Austin catches Tony Romo’s throw, essentially the knockout blow in the NFC East heavyweight fight.

But Austin never got a finger on the ball, which landed a foot or two away from him. The Cowboys punted the next snap and watched Eli Manning go to work on the game-winning drive.

For some reason, Romo has been ripped for not putting the pass on the money. That’s ridiculous. He lofted it toward the middle of the field, knowing there wasn’t a safety there, to let Austin run under it.

“I wish I would have reacted better, to be honest with you, sooner,” Austin said Friday. “Obviously, it was a missed opportunity. It was big for our team. That would have been huge for us in the game. Just gotta get better and that and continue on forward.”

Austin told Romo he lost the ball in the lights.

The Cowboys hope their season wasn’t also lost in the lights.
This is why you're the board historian, @boozeman !!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I remember Demarcus Ware’s rookie year, he’d get called several time for being offsides, but goddamit it looked more to me like the refs couldn’t comprehend his timing and explosive first step.

He’d move before the snap, but before the snap he’s still behind LOS. Once the ball moves, signifying the snap has started, DWare was already high speed and, a second later, DWare already around the LT

it was bullshit. I wish we could challenge/review that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Ahem, good sir. Responding to ravi’s haymaker vs jab comment...

Dez was the haymaker, but look how easy and open Beasley is for the first down jab.
Why....i nevuh!!!!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
  • Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I remember Demarcus Ware’s rookie year, he’d get called several time for being offsides, but goddamit it looked more to me like the refs couldn’t comprehend his timing and explosive first step.

He’d move before the snap, but before the snap he’s still behind LOS. Once the ball moves, signifying the snap has started, DWare was already high speed and, a second later, DWare already around the LT

it was bullshit. I wish we could challenge/review that.
It happened to Ware in the 2007 playoffs too. Turned 3rd and 6 to 3rd and 1 and Manning broke a big play right afterwards. I jumped out of my chair pissed as soon as that dumb flag flew. He looked offsides but wasn’t, paid the price for being a freak

shoop

Semi-contributing member
It happened to Ware in the 2007 playoffs too. Turned 3rd and 6 to 3rd and 1 and Manning broke a big play right afterwards. I jumped out of my chair pissed as soon as that dumb flag flew. He looked offsides but wasn’t, paid the price for being a freak
One instance in which digital monitoring would help. A laser down the goal line that tells if someone moved. I get the purity of the sport but we are at the point I would rather trust technology than peoples judgement.

Attachments

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One instance in which digital monitoring would help. A laser down the goal line that tells if someone moved. I get the purity of the sport but we are at the point I would rather trust technology than peoples judgement.
It is utterly ridiculous they just don't have a laser to record all down and distance.

Oh wait. I forgot.

Gambling.

data

Forbes #1
11:57

———
3:00 to take away a strip sack!

Last edited:
Top Bottom