2021 Season, Week 2 | Thursday Night Gameday Chatter Thread | Giants @ WFT | 09/16/21

p1_

DCC 4Life
Maybe I've just got spoiled cause I don't think I've drank anything but a good ipa or stout in prob 3-4 years
As you’re in the Dallas area, which of the locals do you like?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
For those of you that didn't see the game, the Giants looked generally more impressive I thought. Jones actually looked like a competent QB, although definitely not dominant by any means, and Slayton dropped a wide open ~40 yard TD that hit him in the hands with literally nobody within 15 yards of him that would've sealed the game.

Heinecke basically just dinked and dunked the whole night against relatively soft Giants coverage and got lucky that another 2-3 balls weren't picked off. They caught the Giants in the 4th on a quick 2 play TD drive that went about 70 yards but other than that they were just extremely methodical and not explosive at all. Heinecke basically just targeted McLaurin all night, who averaged less than 10 YPC, and checked it down to RB's.

Up by 1 with about 3 minutes left he threw a pick that gave the Giants the ball around the Skins 20, Garrett was predictably conservative and played for the FG despite the Skins having all 3 times and the 2 minute warning, they kicked the FG after a 3 and out, Skins got the ball back with about 1:50 and dinked/dunked their way to about the Giants 30.

Missed the initial 48 yarder with no time left, Giants had jumped offsides, barely made the 43 yard re-try to win by 1.

All in all, I'm glad the Skins won because the Giants actually looked like the slightly better team and the 2nd game will be in NY. Neither team will be better than .500 unless a miracle happens.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Pamela Anderson knew her strengths and double-downed with a sex tape.

~taps foot impatiently~

We’re waiting, Lilly
Her window has closed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Up by 1 with about 3 minutes left he threw a pick that gave the Giants the ball around the Skins 20, Garrett was predictably conservative and played for the FG despite the Skins having all 3 times and the 2 minute warning, they kicked the FG after a 3 and out,

:lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
For those of you that didn't see the game, the Giants looked generally more impressive I thought. Jones actually looked like a competent QB, although definitely not dominant by any means, and Slayton dropped a wide open ~40 yard TD that hit him in the hands with literally nobody within 15 yards of him that would've sealed the game.

Heinecke basically just dinked and dunked the whole night against relatively soft Giants coverage and got lucky that another 2-3 balls weren't picked off. They caught the Giants in the 4th on a quick 2 play TD drive that went about 70 yards but other than that they were just extremely methodical and not explosive at all. Heinecke basically just targeted McLaurin all night, who averaged less than 10 YPC, and checked it down to RB's.

Up by 1 with about 3 minutes left he threw a pick that gave the Giants the ball around the Skins 20, Garrett was predictably conservative and played for the FG despite the Skins having all 3 times and the 2 minute warning, they kicked the FG after a 3 and out, Skins got the ball back with about 1:50 and dinked/dunked their way to about the Giants 30.

Missed the initial 48 yarder with no time left, Giants had jumped offsides, barely made the 43 yard re-try to win by 1.

All in all, I'm glad the Skins won because the Giants actually looked like the slightly better team and the 2nd game will be in NY. Neither team will be better than .500 unless a miracle happens.
Pretty much. All in all, the game was a shit show. The last 4 minutes of the game were brutal and damn near unwatchable. And, as long as Garrett is calling the plays, the Giants will never be successful. Needless to say, I feel that he needs a 7 year contract extension; possibly even a promotion to head coach.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Average NFL WR's make that catch at least 7 or 8 times out of 10. It was slightly overthrown but that's a catch NFL WR's make routinely.
"Drop" means you had two hands on the ball. He didn't. Jones was a fool for throwing it on a line instead of putting some air under it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Crayton pulled up on a route in the 2007 divisional game against the Giants with like 20 seconds left, Austin is the one who supposedly lost it in the lights in 2011 I believe, which would've more or less clinched the division.

Instead he muffed it and the Giants went on to another fluke SB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Okay, so I didn't make the whole game. What happened at the end to cause this reaction?
Giants losing by 1 point because Garrett played for the fg

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
As you’re in the Dallas area, which of the locals do you like?
Some of my fav are the stouts from Lakewood, ipas from Peticolas, and damn near everything from Martin House

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought it was Witten.
Miles Austin owns up to mistake on would-be TD
Dec 15, 2011

• Tim MacMahonESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – It could be the play that costs the Cowboys a playoff berth.

With the Giants bringing the all-out blitz, Miles Austin runs right by cornerback Aaron Ross to get wide open up the seam. It’s an easy touchdown if Austin catches Tony Romo’s throw, essentially the knockout blow in the NFC East heavyweight fight.

But Austin never got a finger on the ball, which landed a foot or two away from him. The Cowboys punted the next snap and watched Eli Manning go to work on the game-winning drive.

For some reason, Romo has been ripped for not putting the pass on the money. That’s ridiculous. He lofted it toward the middle of the field, knowing there wasn’t a safety there, to let Austin run under it.

“I wish I would have reacted better, to be honest with you, sooner,” Austin said Friday. “Obviously, it was a missed opportunity. It was big for our team. That would have been huge for us in the game. Just gotta get better and that and continue on forward.”

Austin told Romo he lost the ball in the lights.

The Cowboys hope their season wasn’t also lost in the lights.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I guess I was wrong.

Top Bottom