2021 Season | Week 18 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Eagles | 1/8/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
They don't have to bench Zeke. Just give Pollard more carries and more targets in the passing game in the playoffs vs the regular season. Get him a lot touches. Simple.
At this point I believe Clement is a better RB than Zeke across the board.

UncleMilti

Staff member
at this point id run all 3 and see how it works.
That’s even better. But will they? I hope so. I believe they can really help Dak by giving him 3rd and short or even 2nd and short…that’s when this offense and Moore were at their best.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Connor Williams quietly making a play to get a new contract.
I'd be ok with it just for continuity's sake and opening up the draft, but it can't be more than like 5-6/year. He's never really going to be anything more than an average to above average starting OL.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There was like 4 seconds in the play clock when the TO was called. I guess you may be right they run a play there without the TO and just let the clock run out. I think there was less than 40 seconds left. I see that point.

Wonder what the Raiders would've done? Probably called TO and kicked after a 10 yard gain.

I hope the Chargers weren't thinking that. I hope they were thinking stuff then on 3rd and that'll be it. But they got gashed for 10.
Lord knows, it just felt kind of odd and antagonistic at the time by the Chargers, like both teams were just kind of in a fog at that point and seemingly happy to let the clock run out, but the timeout kind of snapped the Raiders out of it.

I'm sure if the Raiders had popped off 10 or so yards they would've kicked either way, I just feel like that would've been less likely without the timeout.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
That’s even better. But will they? I hope so. I believe they can really help Dak by giving him 3rd and short or even 2nd and short…that’s when this offense and Moore were at their best.

i think we should remove Jarwin and add the other RB. It wont be for many carries because hes not going to be that effective against their defense, but a fresh running back who can maybe tire them and taking a beating would be helpful more than Jarwin at this point.

data

Forbes #1
There was like 4 seconds in the play clock when the TO was called. I guess you may be right they run a play there without the TO and just let the clock run out. I think there was less than 40 seconds left. I see that point.

Wonder what the Raiders would've done? Probably called TO and kicked after a 10 yard gain.

I hope the Chargers weren't thinking that. I hope they were thinking stuff then on 3rd and that'll be it. But they got gashed for 10.
Lord knows, it just felt kind of odd and antagonistic at the time by the Chargers, like both teams were just kind of in a fog at that point and seemingly happy to let the clock run out, but the timeout kind of snapped the Raiders out of it.

I'm sure if the Raiders had popped off 10 or so yards they would've kicked either way, I just feel like that would've been less likely without the timeout.
As I mentioned earlier, I don’t think the Raiders were ever going to let time expire, they would’ve just called their own timeout with 2 seconds remaining after a safe 3rd down run, then kicked a 57-yard FG/Hail Mary.

For Staley, a smart reason to call the TO is to prevent that FG/Hail Mary since two TOs (before the 3rd and after the 3rd) would’ve kept 00:30 on the clock, forcing Raiders to punt instead.

the timeout was stupid because it allowed the Raiders to refocus and legitimately try converting the 3rd down instead of just foggily run a safe play up the middle for a yard or two.

Now, Staley says he called the timeout cuz he didn’t like the personnel out there. :shrug Your personnel did a shitty job anyway.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
they would’ve just called their own timeout with 2 seconds remaining after a safe 3rd down run, then kicked a 57-yard FG/Hail Mary.
and risk a blocked kick and return? no.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

You know the Raiders players didn't want to tie. Nobody would in the position they were in on the field. They got a big run and kicked the FG. They may have attempted the longer one, too. Their kicker is money.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If McCarthy doesn’t play the RBs needed to get our running game going for the playoffs I think he should be fired. Unless of course Jerry forces him to play Elliott which in that case I wish death on Jerry.
You know that’s most likely what happens. Jer tells MM to play Zeke all day.

UncleMilti

Staff member
You know that’s most likely what happens. Jer tells MM to play Zeke all day.
Because that’s a possibility based on what we’ve heard about Jerry and this team over the years, it’s hard for me to really get excited about games anymore. Case in point was Zeke knee injury. We had other backs on the roster that could have given us 40 yards in the running game and they could have sat Zeke and had him healed for the playoffs. It’s not like he went out and clicked off 100 yard rushing days.
To me, it still screams Jones is pulling the strings behind the scenes. McCarthy is smart enough to know Zeke is contributing nothing in production running the ball.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom