2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think he was just pointing out that Harrison was a seasoned vet when he did it. Not a rookie like Parsons, which makes it even more awesome.
Possibly. And you’re right it makes it way more impressive.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean most of us liked Parsons as a draft pick. But I don't know that many of us expected him to be a double digit sack guy this year. Which is really pretty insane. We got the elite edge rusher of the draft and didn't even really know it when we picked him. We just all thought we were getting a bad ass LBer, which he is as well.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean most of us liked Parsons as a draft pick. But I don't know that many of us expected him to be a double digit sack guy this year. Which is really pretty insane. We got the elite edge rusher of the draft and didn't even really know it when we picked him. We just all thought we were getting a bad ass LBer, which he is as well.
I definitely thought he'd be similar to Devin White, Darius Leonard and Jamal Adams in terms of being able to put up 5-10 sacks from an untraditional pass-rushing position, I just didn't expect it this quickly nor did I expect him to be this good as a pure edge rusher.

And by "this good" I mean potentially projects to be on par with HOF caliber edge rushers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Zeke certainly can run wide, he's done it many times in his career and in fact did it successfully last night while injured.

They only ran wide a couple of times last night but it seemed to me to be more successful and should have been tried earlier and more often.
Yeah I only meant he currently lacks the speed because of his injury, it shouldn’t be a permanent state of affairs.

Zeke healthy is a damn fine all around back on top of having above average power and elite toughness

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Read it again, brother. It says “the team’s first 12 games” not the players first 12 games.
I understood that. Just saying that doing it as a rookie not as a tenured player is a little more impressive.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
McCarthys offense in GB was way better than what I’m seeing in Dallas…why doesn’t he take over the play-calling? It’s obvious Boy Wonder has lost the mojo.
Well, he had the best passer in the NFL by good margin. You have to think Rodgers did to McCarthy a lot of what Romo did to Garrett.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Agreed. I was hoping for a Kuechly or Keith Brookings. His ceiling is way higher than brooking and I think even than kuechly

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You could see the elite rushing skills in college, and so I was thinking 6-8 sacks for the year. When I saw the sub 4.4 40 time and later heard we were running a 3-4, I thought he’d have the potential to be Pat Swilling in 2022 after a year of learning.

I had no idea he’d skip a year and have 10 sacks with 5 games to go.

I thank Dan Quinn for that. He absolutely is to Micah what Andy Reid is to Patrick Mahomes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could see the elite rushing skills in college, and so I was thinking 6-8 sacks for the year. When I saw the sub 4.4 40 time and later heard we were running a 3-4, I thought he’d have the potential to be Pat Swilling in 2022 after a year of learning.

I had no idea he’d skip a year and have 10 sacks with 5 games to go.

I thank Dan Quinn for that. He absolutely is to Micah what Andy Reid is to Patrick Mahomes.
Yeah Quinn really is a great defensive coach. I mean we were historically bad last year. He totally rebuilt this defense in one offseason with basically draft picks alone and scrap heap free agents.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Well, he had the best passer in the NFL by good margin. You have to think Rodgers did to McCarthy a lot of what Romo did to Garrett.
True. I was mainly referring to the rub routes and West Coast type passing game he liked. But having Rodgers certainly helped.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now watching the final 3 minutes and one play there were legitimate fouls (blow to Hill's head by Armstrong and then another blow to the head as he was sliding by Neal) and no flags.

Pretty clear somebody called the dogs off after the Thanksgiving debacle.

And you have to respect Hill's toughness, despite the fact he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

His arms were a clawed up and bruised mess.

And there's the Watkins TD and he kind of punched Hill in the head as he went into the endzone.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now watching the final 3 minutes and one play there were legitimate fouls (blow to Hill's head by Armstrong and then another blow to the head as he was sliding by Neal) and no flags.

Pretty clear somebody called the dogs off after the Thanksgiving debacle.

And you have to respect Hill's toughness, despite the fact he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

His arms were a clawed up and bruised mess.

And there's the Watkins TD and he kind of punched Hill in the head as he went into the endzone.
I definitely think these officials were more of the let the guys play and decide the game type. They didn't call the horrible blow to Daks head in the INT either. There was another sure PI on the deep pass to Gallul that our corners got called for less in previous weeks.

The officials against the Saints were kind of stingy. I prefer it that way.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I definitely think these officials were more of the let the guys play and decide the game type. They didn't call the horrible blow to Daks head in the INT either. There was another sure PI on the deep pass to Gallul that our corners got called for less in previous weeks.

The officials against the Saints were kind of stingy. I prefer it that way.
I prefer it that way too. But it is just funny how it can legitimately impact a game if out of control.

They could have marched the Saints right down the field at a critical time and instead let it go.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
What the Snaps Say?

Snap counts tell us..
Cooper only 24 snaps (34%). Very much still recovering. Rest could be good for his feet and ankles...get his cardio back.
Lawrence already close to a normal DE rotation. 37 snaps (53%)
Fehoko got in on 3 offensive plays. I sure didn't notice. I doubted he'd ever play an NFL snap, and still doubt he offers anything.
Kelvin Joseph not a single snap on defense. Didn't like the pick on draft day. Still don't.
Schultz got snobberblorted on that one play. Still played 96% of offense's snaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom