2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The game has changed that much in three years?

It changed well before that. The 6'4" 250 pound LBers have been mostly gone in the NFL for awhile. But you also can't tell me that LVE is the same player we drafted 4 years ago. He just isn't. Not sure if it's injuries, putting on too much weight or what but he isn't the same guy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It changed well before that. The 6'4" 250 pound LBers have been mostly gone in the NFL for awhile. But you also can't tell me that LVE is the same player we drafted 4 years ago. He just isn't. Not sure if it's injuries, putting on too much weight or what but he isn't the same guy.
Yea, LVE had great sideline to sideline range and athleticism when we drafted him, that either isn't there anymore for whatever reason or he isn't able to show it because he isn't processing the game quickly enough. There's nothing wrong with a 250 lb. LB as long as they have the range/athleticism.

Hell, that's about how big Parsons is and it's not an issue because of his athleticism.

Mosher is just a dickhead who thinks he has some deep understanding of football because he posts All-22 clips on Twitter.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yea but the arrogance can also seep into the play-calling, which I think it did. I agree that the offensive design has been uninspired the last few weeks with the run game sputtering, but no matter how much offensive talent you have you can't take success for granted as if it's inevitable, and I think that definitely happened to the offense.
What I don’t understand is why they don’t stick another RB in there just for the hell of it. Elliott is hobbled…there’s no reason to use him. Pollard is a home run guy. Stick the other RB you’re carrying on the roster. Fuck he can’t be worse than Elliott.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What I don’t understand is why they don’t stick another RB in there just for the hell of it. Elliott is hobbled…there’s no reason to use him. Pollard is a home run guy. Stick the other RB you’re carrying on the roster. Fuck he can’t be worse than Elliott.
Yea, definitely no reason not to give it a shot. The fact that Elliott was out there with like 3 minutes left up 10 last night was mind boggling.

The offense as a whole just feels very disjointed and illogical at the moment.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Sorry…Dak is starting to become a guy that thinks talking thru and making excuses for his performance makes it go away or builds up expectations for the next at bat.

Stop talking, play better, or figure out what the issue is and correct it. Enough of the inner reflection because it’s not working. Everyone sitting at home can see the guy is not the same QB as the first 7 weeks.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
He was awesome, the people who want him cut might not like it but he's still a very good player and should remain on the team as long as he can just stay on the field. Overpaid, yes, but he's still like a ~15ish million/year type player in my opinion, and I want a DE of that caliber in his prime on the roster.
Lawrence is very similar to Philly's Brandon Graham. Elite run defender, gets ton of pressure and usually causes 3-5 turnovers a season when healthy, just doesn't get huge sack numbers.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Moore seems out of ideas if the run game isn't at least average, the vast majority of our passing game tonight were low percentage/tight window throws that Dak had to fit in there, along with a handful of WR screens.

And I think the running game is as bad as it is either because of the coaches insistence on feeding an injured Elliott, or because our run blocking schemes aren't diverse enough (or likely both). Either way, I think the run game is on the coaches because there are less talented OL's all across the league who have been way more productive running the ball the last month or so.
I feel like KM is too busy trying to be smart rather than just running a solid offense.
A lot of the OCs in the NFL seem to want to find the next “unstoppable” offense. Quit trying to trick everyone and execute well. There have been plenty of successful teams that didn’t rely on gadget plays. You pull those out when stuff goes sideways. Not every game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Pleased?

T-RO

DCC 4Life
What Sean Payton convinced himself he was mad about last night?
Refs​

What Sean Payton was really mad about last night?
This Taysom Hill as QB thing is never gonna work. What was I thinking?​

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

T-RO

DCC 4Life
My best guess theories on Kellen Moore:
-Someone is interfering with him doing his job, telling him to go in a different direction, go vanilla
-The Denver game starting him second guessing himself

We've seen Moore has one of the most creative, innovative guys, and as a coach who adjusts for the game and with the game. What we saw last night was none of that. Last night: little mis-direction, little pre-snap motion, one-dimensional run game. That's not Moore.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Yeah, I hated that call.

One, it's a bad playcall given the point in the game we were in and the fact that Zeke is running on one leg.

Did I mention we have 3 Pro Bowl caliber receivers?

So how in the world is this play even an option here and why the hell is Dak making him the #1 option on the play?

Just dumb all around and one of the many issues going wrong with the offense right now.
1638570226321.png

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Harrison was in his 8th season, not a rookie.
Read it again, brother. It says “the team’s first 12 games” not the players first 12 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom