2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I think fans, and even the team, got spoiled and became arrogant (see all the reckless 4th down tries) about how easy things should come to the offense, as if it were an inevitability that we'd put up 30+ every game. It was very similar to the issues the Chiefs had for most of the year until they were humbled and forced to reign themselves back in.

I think McCarthy could sense it with his comments about needing to "win ugly", the offensive success just came way too easily over the first half of the year and I think the players will have to humble themselves and lock back in.

It was also kind of a perfect storm with the Elliott injury hampering the running game and the rotating cast of WR's due to injury messing up chemistry in the passing game. I still have hope that they can get back to the level they were at pre-bye but they're going to have to be honest with themselves and re-focus.

you have Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Schultz, at what point are you not allowed to be arrogant? not many can stack up against that.

im sorry this is still on KM and if not on KM than either give him that power which i believe he has or start holding him accountable. there is insane talent on this side of the ball and that retard uses Noah Brown?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I hated that call.

One, it's a bad playcall given the point in the game we were in and the fact that Zeke is running on one leg.

Did I mention we have 3 Pro Bowl caliber receivers?

So how in the world is this play even an option here and why the hell is Dak making him the #1 option on the play?

Just dumb all around and one of the many issues going wrong with the offense right now.

I actually like that call. It's creative and honestly I think they were a step away from executing it and having a nice positive play. The timing was just slightly off.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
you have Cooper, Lamb, Gallup and Schultz, at what point are you not allowed to be arrogant? not many can stack up against that.

im sorry this is still on KM and if not on KM than either give him that power which i believe he has or start holding him accountable. there is insane talent on this side of the ball and that retard uses Noah Brown?
Yea but the arrogance can also seep into the play-calling, which I think it did. I agree that the offensive design has been uninspired the last few weeks with the run game sputtering, but no matter how much offensive talent you have you can't take success for granted as if it's inevitable, and I think that definitely happened to the offense.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Yea but the arrogance can also seep into the play-calling, which I think it did. I agree that the offensive design has been uninspired the last few weeks with the run game sputtering, but no matter how much offensive talent you have you can't take success for granted as if it's inevitable, and I think that definitely happened to the offense.

i would agree with you and usaually do if it was a solid defense, a good run stopping defense, but Dak should have shredded them last night. All 3 should have been arrogant last night and ripped that defense apart. a better defense, i agree with you, but no way should NOs pass D been taking seriously.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So I know those plays where he has room to run sometimes also have big opportunities down the field. Those are great situations to get chunk plays passing.

This is pretty much how I feel. I think QBs running is way overrated. Dak's struggles and the offenses struggles have almost nothing to do with him running or not running.

A large majority of the time a QB running the ball is missing an opportunity down field for even more chunk yardage.

Don't get me wrong there's a place for it, but I feel like our lamentations are misplaced if we're focused on whether or not he's running being a big issue.

The genesis of our offense's and QB's struggles lie elsewhere.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
i would agree with you and usaually do if it was a solid defense, a good run stopping defense, but Dak should have shredded them last night. All 3 should have been arrogant last night and ripped that defense apart. a better defense, i agree with you, but no way should NOs pass D been taking seriously.
Ask Brady about how serious that pass defense is...

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are we yikesing? That a player got faked out?

Ok I guess?

As if that doesn't happen to many players on occasion.
I have more of a problem here with the safety coming in, whiffing and knocking the tackler off the ball carrier.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, its a little easier to explode int a QB when no one touches you.
Yeah but that happens all the time on bootlegs (It's actually intentional). They assume your guy will take a step inside and once he does the QB has enough speed to beat him on the bootleg. That's true for almost all NFL DEs, but Parsons handles these plays with an insanely high level of execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom