2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
There have been so many times he has had clear running lanes, and didn't take them. It's silly and frustrating.
Yeah, not sure what's up with that.

If you've got a guy wide open 40 yards down the field, by all means let it fly.

But more often than not, he's giving up 10-plus yards of running room to throw a contested catch.

The worst is when he does it on 3rd downs.

I can't imagine they haven't picked up on this in film review so I'm guessing they don't have an issue with it or don't want to mess with Dak's thinking process?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Best pick up of the offseason?
Our end-of-Free Agency safety signings have all contributed nicely, but Kearse is definitely the cream of that crop.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, not sure what's up with that.

If you've got a guy wide open 40 yards down the field, by all means let it fly.

But more often than not, he's giving up 10-plus yards of running room to throw a contested catch.

The worst is when he does it on 3rd downs.

I can't imagine they haven't picked up on this in film review so I'm guessing they don't have an issue with it or don't want to mess with Dak's thinking process?
I would say the calf is worse than we know, because Bad Dak didn't show up until his first game back from that.

But he wasn't running earlier in the year, either. (Of course, you could argue he didn't need to then.)

But I'm betting it's a mental thing with getting his ankle shredded last year. Maybe he's just prone to that -- seemed like it took him weeks to recover from that day in Atlanta when Garrett about put Adrian Clayborne in the HOF.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mentioned this play earlier. If that's Pollard, ok I get it. But gimpy Zeke? Fuck no. Don't even put Zeke in that situation and Dak should know better than to even look that way. Just be glad Lattimore is covering your useless guy.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Dak has lost his pocket awareness and he looks slow moving around back there. I do believe whoever or whatever that has tried to make him into a pocket passer and told him not to run-it’s fucked up his game.
He obviously was not in a position to run for a long time, and a position to run laterally even longer, and then the calf strain.

It could well be next year before he trusts his legs again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak has lost his pocket awareness and he looks slow moving around back there. I do believe whoever or whatever that has tried to make him into a pocket passer and told him not to run-it’s fucked up his game.
I'd argue he actually looked great in the first half. He made some amazing tight window throws. I think the only reason we didn't score more in the first half was because we were running like shit and expecting Dak to bail us out every time.

Now the second half wasn't nearly as pretty. Not sure what happened but there was just so much miscommunication and odd plays. I would have liked to see more Cooper but didn't really see him in the second half.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would say the calf is worse than we know, because Bad Dak didn't show up until his first game back from that.

But he wasn't running earlier in the year, either. (Of course, you could argue he didn't need to then.)

But I'm betting it's a mental thing with getting his ankle shredded last year. Maybe he's just prone to that -- seemed like it took him weeks to recover from that day in Atlanta when Garrett about put Adrian Clayborne in the HOF.
I think this is basically it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He obviously was not in a position to run for a long time, and a position to run laterally even longer, and then the calf strain.

It could well be next year before he trusts his legs again.
So I know those plays where he has room to run sometimes also have big opportunities down the field. Those are great situations to get chunk plays passing.

But at the same time if guys aren't open just get the yards. He can clearly run and move well out there but as soon as he gets near the line of scrimmage it's like he thinks his only option is to throw the ball. It's ok to run it for 10 yards and slide.

I thought the TD run against the Falcons was going to be the start to Dak running more but I was wrong. Also for a team that runs the read option, when is the last time Dak has kept it? Seriously why not keep a couple to keep the defense honest. It's really just a lazy play action or run. And the way we have been running no one is really afraid of that handoff.

Anyway, I'm not as upset by the 10 point win as some. It was a must win game against a great coach and an excellent defense and we won.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
With half our coaching staff missing.
Yep. No HC, no OL coach, missing the (for now) starting RT, and probably most of all, I don't think they even had a real practice this week. It was all the virtual stuff like they had to do last year.

Now next game after a 10 day rest? No excuses, they should start to roll again. But this game was just good to get a W.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I mentioned this play earlier. If that's Pollard, ok I get it. But gimpy Zeke? Fuck no. Don't even put Zeke in that situation and Dak should know better than to even look that way. Just be glad Lattimore is covering your useless guy.
Exactly.

Awful playcall but Dak has to know better too.

Go to someone else there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom