2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Dak's little funk ain't good, but all QB's have 'em.

Started with that fucked up calf muscle... messed w/his mechanics.
It also hurts him that the run game is pretty much nonexistent these days.

During the 1st half of the season, Zeke and Pollard looked like they'd both cruise past 1,000 rushing yards for the season. As a result, the Cowboys were able to generate a lot of big pass plays off of run action.

Now all of that is gone. Defenses laugh when the Cowboys run play action these days. Safeties can just hang back and don't have to worry about getting involved in the rush defense as mush as we saw earlier in the year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, for having three dangerous WRs on the field (and a Schultz), never felt like we had the defense on their heels, scrambling, confused.

Very vanilla and defense could just comfortably sit back and watch the routes unfold before them.
Yeah I'm hoping Dak and his 3 stud receivers take these ten days to get back on track and be scary again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

During the 1st half of the season, Zeke and Pollard looked like they'd both cruise past 1,000 rushing yards for the season. As a result, the Cowboys were able to generate a lot of big pass plays off of run action.

Now all of that is gone. Defenses laugh when the Cowboys run play action these days. Safeties can just hang back and don't have to worry about getting involved in the rush defense as mush as we saw earlier in the year.
Yeah Dak isn't really my worry. This run game definitely is. Zeke looks like trash (probably because he is hurt) and the blocking isn't the same. We don't need a special run game but this doesn't even look competent. Most of our runs felt like a wasted down and the Saints don't exactly have a beastly run defense. And maybe part of the problem is Kellen Moore and the coaches just haven't been creative with the run at all. I'm not talking triple reverses but when we run the ball it's easy to see exactly where the ball is going. Just no misdirection at all.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
STFU.

We suck!
You shut up, bitch!

I know your allergies struggle with happy thoughts, but your gonna just have to suck it up. We won an ugly road game, lead the division by 3 games, have 11 days to refresh and THE FUCKING CALVARY is coming.

Snort Flonase. Buckle up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: p1_

T-RO

DCC 4Life

The biggest fly in my Cowboys ointment is the o-line blocking. Is La'el sandbagging? Have we mixed up the Connors? Is Tyrone just a shell of himself? I don't see movement, don't see holes.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

We didn't run for shit in game 1 against Tampa and it didn't matter, we still passed all over them. It doesn't help, but I don't think the busted running game is really the issue.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For you guys calling for more Pollard, outside of his 58 yard run, he was 6 carries for 13 yards, which is atrocious and worse than what Zeke was giving us. That's not the answer.

data

Forbes #1
Dak Prescott Press Conference: "I was getting too greedy. Trying to win the game on one play. Could've just taken the yards"

• Picard

T-RO

DCC 4Life
For you guys calling for more Pollard, outside of his 58 yard run, he was 6 carries for 13 yards, which is atrocious and worse than what Zeke was giving us. That's not the answer.
Why do you want to diminish or zero out Pollard's 58 yard run? That won the game, and no-way-in-hell Zeke makes that play.

It's a splash-play league. Pollard can give you those. Zeke can't.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You shut up, bitch!

I know your allergies struggle with happy thoughts, but your gonna just have to suck it up. We won an ugly road game, lead the division by 3 games, have 11 days to refresh and THE FUCKING CALVARY is coming.

Snort Flonase. Buckle up.
booze, pimp slapped by a noob.

I like it.

• Props

p1_

DCC 4Life
its a damn good thing the 58 yarder counted. Zeke had 45 total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom