2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is no magic solution at coordinator. I’m fine giving Moore shit but hiring someone else will be no panacea.

Unless you have like one of the best three in the game, and they get quickly hired for HC jobs anyway, this is what you can expect.

People think that there is some recipe that the right coach is gonna find. This is the best staff we’ve had in forever. But absent Bill Belichick, this is what you get.

You know who is immune from this? The teams that have Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Those coaches.

data

Forbes #1
Somehow they looked worse as the game went on. There were times in the first half where Dak was making killer throws, receivers were making guys miss and guys were making spectacular catches. But the second half was just poop. Not sure what the hell happened or if the guy got lazy but yeah would have like to see the offense back on track. Instead this was more a defense killing it and a couple big plays on offense but no consistency.
No WR drops I can recall. This is more on Prescott tonight.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My only hope for this season is that this extended time between the next game gives this team a chance to refocus and take a closer look at some things.

If this is what we have to look forward to for the rest of the season, I don't think we've got more than 2 to 3 wins left at most..... and most certainly, a one and done playoff appearance.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My only hope is we get two more Pro Bowlers on the OL and another stud RB so Dak can go back to looking like a top 5 QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No WR drops I can recall. This is more on Prescott tonight.
There were some weird miscommunication throws. Dak getting clocked in the face pick (How does he not get that call) but it wasn't drops it was separation. Guys were just not getting much of it. I think Kellen Moore needs to come up with better rub routes for these coverages.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There is no magic solution at coordinator. I’m fine giving Moore shit but hiring someone else will be no panacea.

Unless you have like one of the best three in the game, and they get quickly hired for HC jobs anyway, this is what you can expect.

People think that there is some recipe that the right coach is gonna find. This is the best staff we’ve had in forever. But absent Bill Belichick, this is what you get.

You know who is immune from this? The teams that have Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Those coaches.
I just want an OC who knows how to manage the game.

Also, an added bonus would be if we had an OC who doesn't have a hidden agenda. I truly believe Kellen Moore is out there trying to showcase his skills as an OC, and it's to the detriment of the team.

Like on that sequence that Buck and Aikman were bitching about. Cowboys are up 10 with about 5 minutes to play. Pollard picks up 5 yards on 1st down and instead of sticking with the run to burn clock and getting out of town with the W, Moore is more interested in padding the passing stats.

Just manage the game the right way to get the W and stop worrying about padding the stat sheet. I honestly think that's part of the offense's problem.

data

Forbes #1
There were some weird miscommunication throws. Dak getting clocked in the face pick (How does he not get that call) but it wasn't drops it was separation. Guys were just not getting much of it. I think Kellen Moore needs to come up with better rub routes for these coverages.
Yeah, for having three dangerous WRs on the field (and a Schultz), never felt like we had the defense on their heels, scrambling, confused.

Very vanilla and defense could just comfortably sit back and watch the routes unfold before them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can't believe we overcame the loss of Trysten Hill. That's guts.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Dak's little funk ain't good, but all QB's have 'em.

Started with that fucked up calf muscle... messed w/his mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom