2021 Season | Week 12 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Raiders @ Cowboys | 11/25/21

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cowboys Mantra, always next year
No. Just this fans mantra. What else do you want me to do? I have not control over this team so I will just watch the games and go about my life.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can Dallas actually go to NO and win against the great Trevor Semien and this potent offense I’m watching on Thanksgiving night? A month ago I’d laugh at the absurd question…but now?? Not such an absurd question.
Saints defense is a lot better than the Raiders'. A whole lot better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just expectations being reeled into reality.

Was fun while it lasted and maybe it gets better next year.
Doesn't mean shit because even into next week, we will continue to refuse to get honest with ourselves.

We have a QB that quite honestly is in distress.

We keep thinking that these injured guys are just all of the sudden going to show up and instantly be impactful.

It is not looking good.

Have a great night,

DFDC

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Each little loss, no matter how you excuse it, matters.

We are now 7-4.

This is not something you can just dismiss.
That's still a really good record and I'm fairly sure we would've all taken that if offered before the season, it's just the way that they've gotten there that is disappointing.

I think they could turn it around but you can't ignore losing 3 of 4 and it could just as easily be the beginning of a monumental swoon.

If I had to bet they'll turn it around enough to go like 11-6 or 12-5 but I don't think they're a favorite in the conference anymore. Week to week league though.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's still a really good record and I'm fairly sure we would've all taken that if offered before the season, it's just the way that they've gotten there that is disappointing.

I think they could turn it around but you can't ignore losing 3 of 4 and it could just as easily be the beginning of a monumental swoon.

If I had to bet they'll turn it around enough to go like 11-6 or 12-5 but I don't think they're a favorite in the conference anymore. Week to week league though.
You were one of the chucklefucks who thought this was a done deal until the playoffs.

Glad to see you can at least take a clear eye view of things now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You were one of the chucklefucks who thought this was a done deal until the playoffs.

Glad to see you can at least take a clear eye view of things now.
We're still winning the division easily, if that's what you're referring to.

It took everything but a god damn swarm of locusts for the Eagles to get within 2 games and I don't see that continuing. Getting back 4 of our top 10 players will make a difference.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We're still winning the division easily, if that's what you're referring to.

It took everything but a god damn swarm of locusts for the Eagles to get within 2 games.
That swarm is already assembling.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Doesn't mean shit because even into next week, we will continue to refuse to get honest with ourselves.

We have a QB that quite honestly is in distress.

We keep thinking that these injured guys are just all of the sudden going to show up and instantly be impactful.

It is not looking good.

Have a great night,

DFDC
Its not crushing my dreams. I never called for the Super Bowl when we were healthy. I think they will be impactful for the regular season games but we have always been a regular season team when we had good seasons. Never thought we could win against TB, GB, Rams, Cards in the playoffs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Its not crushing my dreams. I never called for the Super Bowl when we were healthy. I think they will be impactful for the regular season games but we have always been a regular season team when we had good seasons. Never thought we could win against TB, GB, Rams, Cards in the playoffs.
Okay.

Well, you can go.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Dak hasn’t looked this bad since before we got coop. It’s obvious coop opens up a lot for the other wrs and zeke is just useless right now.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
The one thing that mystifies me is the run-blocking.

This team was averaging about 5.5 yards a carry the first 5-6 weeks. In the past five weeks it's averaging 3.5 yards per carry. Huge drop-off.

Then we get Smith back today and play against a Raider defense...and still can't run the ball well.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Seems to me that Dak can't produce in less than ideal circumstances. Yes, Cooper and Lamb are elite weapons any QB would love to have. But it's like he's lost without them and can't beat average defenses with backups. And Gallup is a damn good backup.

Top Bottom