2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Steele didn't even move. Literally every person on the field is moving except for Steele who is still in his stance. But even then the line doesn't look like they are coming off as a cohesive unit.

Clearly the crowd noise had the dude all kinds of fucked up. But you told me that's just an excuse. But any idiot can see this team needs to figure out how to deal with crowd noise and work on that shit.

Exactly right.

As an aside, everyone calling for Steele to replace Collins needs to look a little closer. Not saying Collins has been great or anything but Steele is not the solution.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Did they take that third sack away from Parsons because they considered Mahomes a runner?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Everything was so disconjointed. I don't know if we weren't prepared for the crowd noise or what but nothing felt crisp in that game on offense. And a lot of it was presnap and at the snap. Guys just weren't getting set and moving at the same time.
it was like they had never played together before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
it was like they had never played together before.
Well and that may have been part of the problem too. You've got a replacement at LT, a RT who has barely played this season, a young center and a first time starter at LG. I have no doubt that part of this falls on Dak and Biadasz in terms of the lining up, adjustments and snaps just were not orchestrated correctly and it threw everything off. Oh and then on top of that you have a bunch of receivers filling roles that they aren't used to and were probably off as well as a result. We usually block WR screens and such pretty damn well. Against the Chiefs it was beyond awful. I have to think all of this played a part in it as well. Schultz not rubbing a guy on a route because he ran it too fast compared to the receiver. Things like that are a result of all the timing being screwed up.

Anyway, it's all fixable and I think this game should be a learning experience for this team. Get your shit together now before the games really mean something. You've seen the error, now fix it and make sure you don't make the same error twice.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Everything was so disconjointed. I don't know if we weren't prepared for the crowd noise or what but nothing felt crisp in that game on offense. And a lot of it was presnap and at the snap. Guys just weren't getting set and moving at the same time.
You could tell Steele was distracted by Jones and tried to help double him. He ignored Clark as a result

When the game turns into a defensive struggle you have to be able to run the football.

We didn’t try enough and certainly weren’t cress as five enough with our attempts

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yet your posts sound like you want to explode the team IF they don't reach the CF or SB this year...
You are inferring that.

I just said its something that you’ll have to consider (moving on from a major piece). Not that they absolutely should.

Top Bottom