2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Well I think that's kinda my point. They aren't getting better. Yet we keep running out the same names we have since '16 and '18 in lead positions.

Of course half the team is different since '18. Every team is like that. This isn't a conversation about whether the team has changed over faster than others or not.

The entire discussion is about progression of the team SINCE 2018, which of course means we have to be discussing the pieces that are still here since 2018. Why would I talk about whether Keanu Neal or Micah Parsons has progressed since then? They weren't here.

Right, and setting aside the merit of any debate on whether Dak takes that next step - let's extend that discussion to not just Dak, but Elliott, D-Law, Martin, Smith, Collins, Gregory, Anthony Brown, etc, the guys who have been here.

Stop and think about it - our main pieces on offense have almost ALL been here since 2018; Lamb is like the only newcomer to that group, really. And most of those who have been here since 2018, have also been here since 2016.

At some point running it all back doesn't make sense anymore for these guys. They AREN'T progressing.

If we don't go further with this group, this year, it may be time to consider some wholesale changes. The group ain't progressing. Even giving them an elite head coach in McCarthy, this is just all that some of them are.
Wouldn't it be an improvement if they don't regress? Making the playoffs IS an improvement compared to last year, if next year they make the playoffs that would be an improvement over the Garrett led teams that would miss the playoffs the season after reaching them...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't it be an improvement if they don't regress? Making the playoffs IS an improvement compared to last year, if next year they make the playoffs that would be an improvement over the Garrett led teams that would miss the playoffs the season after reaching them...
Yeah getting to the second round of the playoffs would be a solid season. I believe this team is better than that when healthy though. I just hope we eventually get a little lucky with the health. If we are wounded like we are now second round might be the best we can do. First round against the Eagles or Vikes should be winnable for us though regardless of health. Just don't want to fall to the fourth seed and face the Rams or Cards.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Myles Garrett and TJ Watt may have something to say about that… not to mention maybe Diggs
Sure those guys have a lot of sacks, but it not who has the most sacks.

Micah has the sacks, the pressures, and the forced fumbles. You have to factor all the plays he doesn't play at DE when he isn't rushing the QB. The tackles, tackles for losses, etc. from that position.

He's definitely in the discussion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Bucs might be a stupid team just like Arians said.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yes and I said that verbatim posts ago. I said at least let them do it in back to back years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I swear they've said Jason Garrett's name about 50 times and Joe Judge's about twice. Very weird.

p1_

DCC 4Life

How smooth does this one look in retrospect?

:picard

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dallas Cowboys
On April 30, 2018, the Dallas Cowboys signed Ward to a three-year, $1.71 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $5,000.[3]
Throughout training camp, Ward competed to be the fifth cornerback on the active roster against Marquez White, Duke Thomas, and Donovan Olumba.[4]
From wikipedia. That last part about his competition is just funny now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know how Steele didn't see Clark
Steele didn't even move. Literally every person on the field is moving except for Steele who is still in his stance. But even then the line doesn't look like they are coming off as a cohesive unit.

Clearly the crowd noise had the dude all kinds of fucked up. But you told me that's just an excuse. But any idiot can see this team needs to figure out how to deal with crowd noise and work on that shit.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Steele didn't even move. Literally every person on the field is moving except for Steele who is still in his stance. But even then the line doesn't look like they are coming off as a cohesive unit.

Clearly the crowd noise had the dude all kinds of fucked up. But you told me that's just an excuse. But any idiot can see this team needs to figure out how to deal with crowd noise and work on that shit.
I assume they are aware of conditions at each venue. How do you not know?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Steele didn't even move.

Clearly the crowd noise had the dude all kinds of fucked up.
I suppose.

He looked addled. Clark cut across his field of vision, and he had to know Elliott was running a pattern. Major brain fart.

EDIT: Looking at it more closely, it looks like Chris Jones is in his head and he's looking inside to help on Jones instead of focusing on his own assignment. His head turns inside towards Jones for a brief moment away from Clark who just runs right past him in that moment.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
  • Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom