2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Looks like no Tyron Smith today. Another reason the Cowboys should lose. BUT....the 2021 Cowboys have surprised us all year.

Chiefs don't have respectable edge rushers so we should be fine with another week of Steele at LT.

If we hit 150 yards on the ground, Cowboys roll to a solid win on the road.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Time to feed the RBs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Time to feed the RBs.
It'll be interesting to see what's the offensive game plan.

Do the try to hide their lack of a pass rush by trying to play ball control....i.e., keep away from Mahomes.

Or do they say screw it and run their normal offense knowing they'll probably score 30 but will give Mahomes more possessions.

If it were up to me I'd just run the normal offense. Mahomes has been a little more mistake-prone this year so he'll probably throw a couple of "should be" INTs. Our DBs just have to hold on to them when they get their chances.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It'll be interesting to see what's the offensive game plan.

Do the try to hide their lack of a pass rush by trying to play ball control....i.e., keep away from Mahomes.

Or do they say screw it and run their normal offense knowing they'll probably score 30 but will give Mahomes more possessions.

If it were up to me I'd just run the normal offense. Mahomes has been a little more mistake-prone this year so he'll probably throw a couple of "should be" INTs. Our DBs just have to hold on to them when they get their chances.

I agree. The strategy should be to try to get a lead and make Mahomes take more chances.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's a new era. 1big starting the chatter thread, and I will once again start my football day at a restaurant. We are going to Bubba's 33 for lunch. No patio today. Let's embrace this change and do this!

1bigfan13

Staff member
I saw in one of the Sturm articles that pretty much every Chiefs opponent has used the two high approach in the secondary to slow down the Chiefs' attack. The Raiders decided not to use the two high strategy and Mahomes and the Chiefs offense blew them out of the water.

I need Quinn to check his ego at the door and follow the blueprint that is clearly working. Don't be an idiot like the Raiders coaching staff.

Cotton

Staff member
I agree. The strategy should be to try to get a lead and make Mahomes take more chances.
Just hope we can make him move around. If we can get him moving and shadow him with Parsons it's going to be a long day for them.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It's a new era. 1big starting the chatter thread, and I will once again start my football day at a restaurant. We are going to Bubba's 33 for lunch. No patio today. Let's embrace this change and do this!
no patio. Hmmm....

Cotton

Staff member
no patio. Hmmm....
I started that last week. And we put up a 40 burger. Seems like a good trend to carry forward.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Staff member
Possible Thanksgiving scenario: 0-9-1 Lions vs the 3-7 Bears.

Just like those 2 days after the MLB All-Star game when there are no sports on TV, this will be a perfect time to win points with the wife and family.

They'll think you're sacrificing football to spend quality time with the family but in reality you have no interest in watching two of the worst teams in the league engage in a 3 hour 'tard fight.

It's a win-win. :fistpump

Cotton

Staff member
Nobody has watched Mahomes more than I have. If we can get his feet antsy we have a chance. Not on designed rollouts, but just get him out of the pocket. I know that sounds dumb with a QB like Mahomes, but that is the key to beating him. As soon as that dude feels uneasy in the pocket, he falls apart to a degree. Get him moving.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't normally make predictions ahead of a game, but I will today.

I think we win this game. No score prediction, but I do think we will win this game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nobody has watched Mahomes more than I have. If we can get his feet antsy we have a chance. Not on designed rollouts, but just get him out of the pocket. I know that sounds dumb with a QB like Mahomes, but that is the key to beating him. As soon as that dude feels uneasy in the pocket, he falls apart to a degree. Get him moving.
Yeah the key is going to be do the Chiefs try and establish the run. If they don't we can do all kinds of stunts to fuck with Mahomes. If the Chiefs establish the run game and we can't do that then they pick us apart with no legit pass rushers except Parsons.

It's an interesting chess game. The Chiefs should win but they get lazy with what they do. Mahomes doesn't stick to the plan all too often and it costs them.

Cotton

Staff member
I just thank little baby jesus that it isn't a noon game again today. The 3 o'clock game is perfect.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I saw in one of the Sturm articles that pretty much every Chiefs opponent has used the two high approach in the secondary to slow down the Chiefs' attack. The Raiders decided not to use the two high strategy and Mahomes and the Chiefs offense blew them out of the water.

I need Quinn to check his ego at the door and follow the blueprint that is clearly working. Don't be an idiot like the Raiders coaching staff.
If he does that, Hooker needs more snaps.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We are going to have to get creative with blitzing or sic Parsons to get the pressure. Blitzing him is a bad idea.

Cotton

Staff member
We are going to have to get creative with blitzing or sic Parsons to get the pressure. Blitzing him is a bad idea.
Yeah, we need to get him moving with a normal pass rush. 4 man fronts with some creativity with Parsons. He will pick you apart if you expose yourself with the blitz too often. You can blitz, but it needs to be disguised well and not overdone.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah, when you're dealing with elite QBs you have to pick your spots. Those upper tier QBs have the ability to feast on blitzes.

IIRC, I think Mahomes is the least blitzed QB in the NFL this season.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's an interesting chess game. The Chiefs should win but they get lazy with what they do. Mahomes doesn't stick to the plan all too often and it costs them.
That seems to be the blueprint that teams are using against them this year. Test their patience.

The underneath stuff is probably there for them to go on long time consuming drives, but Mahomes isn't wired to be patient so he's been ignoring those easy yards underneath because he's been hunting home runs.

Top Bottom