2021 Season | Week 10 | Thursday Night Gameday Chatter Thread | Ravens @ Dolphins | 11/11/2021

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I never knew he was left wing until recently but thats ok. Evidently he went far left wing but I liked his content when he was here.
Yep. I liked him, too. Never had a problem with him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Carp isn't here anymore, and if he came back and started spouting that shit, he would be gone, too.
Sure, but you said earlier you wished Carp would come back, no? Maybe I misread your post.

Again, not telling you how to run the board. Not saying we need to go invite sbk back. I think he’s just as upset still (or was) as some of you are and it might not work out.

I’m just saying, I don’t think he’s any more of a piece of shit than someone like Carp. I just think we have personality incongruence here.

I will say that I PERSONALLY think it’s too bad because I do find him both funny and insightful and I don’t find his schtick particularly harmful. But that’s me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
man likes to talk to himself apparently.
I never had a problem with him tho granted he didn't post much while I was here, never would have guessed he was that far gone

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sure, but you said earlier you wished Carp would come back, no? Maybe I misread your post.

Again, not telling you how to run the board. Not saying we need to go invite sbk back. I think he’s just as upset still (or was) as some of you are and it might not work out.

I’m just saying, I don’t think he’s any more of a piece of shit than someone like Carp. I just think we have personality incongruence here.
For the record, I don't care if sbk comes back or not. Same with Carp. And it's pretty easy to figure out which one I like more, even though I myself is a conservative. I don't give a shit what either of their political beliefs are, or how bat shit crazy they are with them.

I only didn't like sbk because he would not bend even a little bit in the way he acted. Whether it was board schtick or not. If you did not agree with him 100%, no matter the topic, he would talk down to you incessantly. And if you had the audacity to argue back your point, the more and more he'd dig in, and the worse the insults would get. In that thread, fine. If it could be left there, cool. But he'd stalk you from thread to thread and keep going.

In fairness, I did enjoy reading a lot of his posts, as long as he didn't feel the need to puff out his little chickenhawk chest. He genuinely was a very knowledgeable guy regarding football. And could be very funny/clever. He was just a MASSIVE narcissist.

Cotton

Staff member
For the record, I don't care if sbk comes back or not. Same with Carp. And it's pretty easy to figure out which one I like more, even though I myself is a conservative. I don't give a shit what either of their political beliefs are, or how bat shit crazy they are with them.

I only didn't like sbk because he would not bend even a little bit in the way he acted. Whether it was board schtick or not. If you did not agree with him 100%, no matter the topic, he would talk down to you incessantly. And if you had the audacity to argue back your point, the more and more he'd dig in, and the worse the insults would get. In that thread, fine. If it could be left there, cool. But he'd stalk you from thread to thread and keep going.

In fairness, I did enjoy reading a lot of his posts, as long as he didn't feel the need to puff out his little chickenhawk chest. He genuinely was a very knowledgeable guy regarding football. And could be very funny/clever. He was just a MASSIVE narcissist.
I spent two days arguing with him over the importance of a PUNTER over a WR to keep on the roster.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I remember when he used his admin access to delete posts he didn’t like. Like, in bulk. Fun times

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

I remember that.
I can't believe he didn't ban me. He seriously advocated that a punter was more important than a skill player. Not just that a punter is important (which they are) but that they are more important than a skill position. I argued like hell with that dude over that. He didn't always have the best football opinions.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Or the time most of the board left in protest against him to post on HITR’s site
Actually, the first handful that left he banned over stupid disagreements. I am proud of the fact I was the first. My sin was thinking that Taylor Hicks was NOT the greatest, bestest, awesomest, coolest musician ever.

His mighty ban hammer started reaping souls. Slowly at first, but gathering speed each time it struck true. Anybody that tried to come to my defense? Gone. Anybody that agreed Taylor Hicks was not actually God in silver hair and a cheap suit? Gone. Anybody that disagreed with anything he was saying or doing at the time? Gone.

I believe that was when, I think it was Geki, came up with the DCC Ring of Honor photoshop. Using everyone's avatar that felt the bite of his headman's axe during that dark time.

Cotton

Staff member
I believe that was when, I think it was Geki, came up with the DCC Ring of Honor photoshop. Using everyone's avatar that felt the bite of his headman's axe.
He missed one. Still mad I didn't make that ROH pic. I was like third in that ban spree. And, btw, it was because of you.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He missed one. Still mad I didn't make that ROH pic. I was like third in that ban spree. And, btw, it was because of you.
My avatar was front and center.

~Furley sniff~

Cotton

Staff member
And led to me owning half this board. :unsure

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As well it should have been. Your ban started all of that.
And led to me owning half this board. :unsure
Funny how one thing leads to another.

If you guys would have just let my banning go and left me to drift away into cyber space, you never would have been introduced to Evil Sean Connery.
:unsure

Or maybe you're wishing you'd never been introduced to him.... I believe @boozeman is still traumatized over that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Funny how one thing leads to another.

If you guys would have just let my banning go and left me to drift away into cyber space, you never would have been introduced to Evil Sean Connery.
:unsure

Or maybe you're wishing you'd never been introduced to him.... I believe @boozeman is still traumatized over that.
The Goatse really had a profound way of shaping this board.

I still remember the time I hot-linked something over at the pre-Zone board and it was

The confusion was hilarious.

Cotton

Staff member
The Goatse really had a profound way of shaping this board.

I still remember the time I hot-linked something over at the pre-Zone board and it was

The confusion was hilarious.
What's funny is, hotlinking isn't even really a thing anymore.

Top Bottom