2021 Rookie camp, OTAs, TC thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's difficult to draft a blue chip OT prospect unless they can kick inside to OG unless you just rip the band-aid off and cut Collins.

Someone like Kenyon Green could be perfect next year because he can play OG while we have the vets, then move outside at some undetermined point in the future, same with Slater this past year, but you can't really draft an OT-only in the first round while still having both Smith and Collins on the roster.

Moving Martin to RT and starting McGovern at RG is the real insurance policy this year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's difficult to draft a blue chip OT prospect unless they can kick inside to OG unless you just rip the band-aid off and cut Collins.

Someone like Kenyon Green could be perfect next year because he can play OG while we have the vets, then move outside at some undetermined point in the future, same with Slater this past year, but you can't really draft an OT-only in the first round while still having both Smith and Collins on the roster.

Moving Martin to RT and starting McGovern at RG is the real insurance policy this year.
The Kirkland kid from Washington is another one. He kicked outside from guard.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I don't understand why Moore wouldn't be calling plays. Are they prepping in case he gets teh covid?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't understand why Moore wouldn't be calling plays. Are they prepping in case he gets teh covid?

Guess that answers that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah and at this point Collins is still young and in his prime. But after last year I am starting worry about his work ethic and health. It's too bad because he was really hitting his stride in 2019. Thought he played at an elite level at RT.

It's hard to invest a premium pick in an OT before you need one unless they can start at guard like you mentioned. We probably just need to do better drafting Olineman too. Second and third rounders can become elite level starters but you'll have to do better than Connor Williams and Connor McGovern with those picks. Not bad picks but not exactly homeruns either.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"It doesn't seem to be a long-term concern" is the Cowboy motto.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Really, really wish Ball was ready. We are going to need to rotate snaps at OT and I don't know anything about Ty Nsekhe nor trust Steele or Knight.

From what we've seen of Nsekhe, what do folks think?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Really, really wish Ball was ready. We are going to need to rotate snaps at OT and I don't know anything about Ty Nsekhe nor trust Steele or Knight.

From what we've seen of Nsekhe, what do folks think?
Underwhelming at best.
We need someone better.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I want cake.

Top Bottom