2021 Rookie camp, OTAs, TC thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Is that really Jaylon's fault?
Not at all, except maybe to yell a warning to someone else.

LVE might have chucked Zeke off his pattern, and I don't know what the Hell 32 is doing. He comes running full towards the LOS and then gets turned around back upfield after who knows.

If I had to assign blame, it's either 32 or a specific bad call by the DC. 32 seems to get confused about who's covering Zeke and who's sticking with Pollard.

LVE is plainly tracking Pollard, but Zeke cuts unimpeded right past him and uses him as natural cover from overcommitting 32 who has no angle back.

Seems like the defense lacks a way of communicating that gaping hole in coverage.

Smith with his body language only looks guilty here

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think it's really that big of deal, as long as they only miss two preseason games as they're reporting. They'll miss the HOF game and what would have been the first preseason game. They'll still have a couple games to get some work in.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think it's really that big of deal, as long as they only miss two preseason games as their reporting. They'll miss the HOF game and what would have been the first preseason game. They'll still have a couple games to get some work in.
Yeah and these aren't rookies. I don't think Lawrence really needs preseason to rush the passer.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Damn, look how much quicker Parsons is to the sled than everyone else. It's not even close. Maybe this guy is the real deal.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not at all, except maybe to yell a warning to someone else.
I can only assume you mean pre-snap. And that's giving Smith a lot of credit, if his recognition skills are anything like the rest of his repetoire.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I can only assume you mean pre-snap. And that's giving Smith a lot of credit, if his recognition skills are anything like the rest of his repetoire.
Yeah, not everyone has to chops to shout "Shovel, shovel!"

And there has to be a way to recognize and signal gaps in coverage and direct traffic in real time, too, in addition to pre-snap.

You count on your FS, MLB and veteran leaders to be able to call these things out.

The back seven especially must be able to hand off coverage to each other in real time. Zeke was literally uncovered on that play, and while 32 was totally out of position and most at fault no one else seemed to notice or react to the gaping hole.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, not everyone has to chops to shout "Shovel, shovel!"

And there has to be a way to recognize and signal gaps in coverage and direct traffic in real time, too, in addition to pre-snap.

You count on your FS, MLB and veteran leaders to be able to call these things out.

The back seven especially must be able to hand off coverage to each other in real time. Zeke was literally uncovered on that play, and while 32 was totally out of position and most at fault no one else seemed to notice or react to the gaping hole.
He can’t call it out if he can’t see it to begin with.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom