2021 Rookie camp, OTAs, TC thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Is that really Jaylon's fault?
It had to be... everyone was accounted for except whoever that was that blew by #9. Was it Shultz? Well, the net effect was, the DB had TWO players to deal with. Jaylon should have turned and ran with that guy. It would've allowed the DB to get over and cover Zeke earlier.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It had to be... everyone was accounted for except whoever that was that blew by #9. Was it Shultz? Well, the net effect was, the DB had TWO players to deal with. Jaylon should have turned and ran with that guy. It would've allowed the DB to get over and cover Zeke earlier.
Who was 32 covering

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Nah, it looks like he was in a zone. He followed the TE for a step or two to the other side then released him when he left the zone.

Zeke seems more like Vander Esh's guy, who was already over on Zeke's side and honestly looks like he didn't cover anyone.

Jaylon looked like a spaz, and then like a dog chasing cars, but I doubt his assignment called for him to vacate the zone until the ball is in the air.

Edit: watching it again, it looks like there's 2 safeties deep to start, the one on Zeke's side runs up and overruns the play, and the linebacker on that side (Vander Esch I think) does the same thing. The second safety you are seeing chasing Zeke had the responsibility to take the TE when he left Jaylon's zone. I believe this is by design, he was never responsible for Zeke so I don't think he was out of position covering for Jaylon - he was chasing after the guy that the other safety and Vander Esch chose to run right by prior to the pass.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Gallimore is fine, he's a 3rd round pick, it's not his fault the team doesn't ever invest a 1 in DT's.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Prescott throwing picks is not something you want to see though.
That's the thing with TC, though. If the defense looks good, assholes like you blame the offense instead of giving the defense its due props.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
its always easier for the defense to be in sync early on in camp and stuff. So this is nothing new or anything to get worried over. im no KM fan but this is normal.

Top Bottom