2021 Rookie camp, OTAs, TC thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
All I know is that with dumb players you need to clear their minds of clutter, like guile.

Get a few truly smart players to lead those dummies and you got yourself some confidence.

Seems like Quinn has had success with that approach in the past.

Our problem is that we don't have many, if any, smart players on defense.

I mean, who is that one guy in recent memory where you are like, hey he's pretty clever.
Wilson maybe.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe Diggs also with the way he popped out the ball from behind after Metcalf beat him deep last year.

It's all theoretical though, none of them have truly shown it consistently.
I don't think Diggs will ever be an upper shelf CB. But he doesn't need to be.

Give me a corner that produces turnovers like that periodically, goes a long way.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think Diggs will ever be an upper shelf CB. But he doesn't need to be.

Give me a corner that produces turnovers like that periodically, goes a long way.
Off top of my head, id almost argue that our lack of DB INTs may be the most influential performance stat for our lack of success the past ten years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Parsons said:
I think we got a chance to be the best linebacker unit in the league this year."
:doh

I guess it's too much to ask for these guys to not say stuff like this before they've played, oh, I dunno, one single game.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
seems weird to have one day of action, then nada.
It's like my kids starting back to school on a Friday.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
0 in the HOF game, 1-2 drives in the 2nd game, 3-4 in the 3rd, 0 in the 4th.

Wouldn't be surprised if we only saw him in the 3rd though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
0 in the HOF game, 1-2 drives in the 2nd game, 3-4 in the 3rd, 0 in the 4th.

Wouldn't be surprised if we only saw him in the 3rd though.
There is an extra week off after the last preseason game. I don't know it it's a good idea for the guy to go that long without a live action snap.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There is an extra week off after the last preseason game. I don't know it it's a good idea for the guy to go that long without a live action snap.
Maybe not but I wouldn't be overly concerned. I couldn't care less if he doesn't play a single preseason snap honestly, aside from just my curiosity to see him again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe not but I wouldn't be overly concerned. I couldn't care less if he doesn't play a single preseason snap honestly, aside from just my curiosity to see him again.
Yeah could be but I want the offense to stay sharp and Dak probably has a little rust from sitting out for most of a year. It's going to be interesting to see how the preseason is treated this year. In the past teams played no one in the last preseason game. But essentially that was the game that was cut from preseason and that's now sort of a bye week for everyone between preseason and the regular season. So I'm not sure if we will see the last game be the one where teams play starters for a half. Or if preseason week 2 will be that game (Preseason week 3 for us).

Top Bottom