2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I may be wrong here but from my understanding the purpose of the vaccine isn't to make you immune but to make sure that even if you do get COVID the effects won't be severe enough to hospitalize/kill you. Basically like the flu shot that's been around forever. Do people who previously had COVID but aren't vaccinated get that level of protection?
Pretty much, that is the "vaccine".

It is basically a body mask that keeps you from getting super sick.

What a lot of people just don't get is that it isn't a cure. It doesn't eradicate anything.

I don't think it is a reasoning for all kinds of the crazy talk and what not, but it is a lot like the flu shot.

I never got one of those mainly because I was too lazy and frankly, didn't want to get sick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
There aren't any studies at this point that can really give us a definitive answer to this question one way or the other. So I guess the answer we get is, get the vaccine, can't hurt.
What I really don't see the anti-vax players doing is addressing why they don't, yet claim it isn't politicized.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I really don't see the anti-vax players doing is addressing why they don't, yet claim it isn't politicized.
Honestly I know a large part of the black community has always been skeptical of vaccines and if they are actually good for you. I know some players have spoken about this a little. Just sort of how they grew up.

data

Forbes #1

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Honestly I know a large part of the black community has always been skeptical of vaccines and if they are actually good for you. I know some players have spoken about this a little. Just sort of how they grew up.
Then you see black guys like Jerry Hughes who is having a Tweet war with Shrimp Beasley.

It is pretty general thing overall (Tuskegee experiments etc.) but not sure how much of the black community it encompasses any more than I can gauge how many whites are a step away from QAnon.

data

Forbes #1
Then you see black guys like Jerry Hughes who is having a Tweet war with Shrimp Beasley.

It is pretty general thing overall (Tuskegee experiments etc.) but not sure how much of the black community it encompasses any more than I can gauge how many whites are a step away from QAnon.
NFL is ~70% black

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
In my local area, they were 1st in line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In my local area, they were 1st in line.
Yeah I just know ESPN had an article about vaccinations the other day and some of the black players had comments about it. It may have been Zeke who said he was vaccinated but won't hold it against other players for the reason I stated above.

data

Forbes #1
Yes, and?

I am not going to assume they all think the same.

They don’t all think the same, just providing a number to provide context to Cowboysrock’s post. When Cowboysrock mentions ‘large part of the black community’, what percentage is the definition of ‘large’? With NFL being ~70% black, only 21% of this community is necessary to threaten adherence to NFL’s 85% rule. That’s 2 outta 10 individuals.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They don’t all think the same, just providing a number to provide context to Cowboysrock’s post. When Cowboysrock mentions ‘large part of the black community’, what percentage is the definition of ‘large’? With NFL being ~70% black, only 21% of this community is necessary to threaten adherence to NFL’s 85% rule. That’s 2 outta 10 individuals.
I'm sure some who don't want the vaccine have already been pressured and got it anyway.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They just can't leave well enough alone, can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom