2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I couldn't care less if Jack Mesgott who works at the fucking Piggly Wiggly gets vaccinated, but Dak Prescott and the rest of the players on my favorite team who would be harming the team's chances of success by not getting vaccinated had better do so.

It's funny, you all say you don't get worked up by this shit but as soon as I insinuate I care more about the team winning than these guys deciding whether or not they want to get vaccinated you launch into this political bullshit about what "they" want you to do.

I don't give a fuck about random schmoes getting vaccinated, nor do I necessarily think the NFL should be forcing forfeits on teams, but at the end of the day they are and ultimately all I care about is winning.
Me having a take on someone making their own decision about what to do with their own health is not fucking political. I think that is where you have my take twisted.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Aww shit man, that is sad news. He was hit on a bike, right?

Cotton

Staff member
Sorry if my demeanor comes off as pissed off, but this shit really really pisses me off. So, don't expect me to be cordial about all of this, because it isn't happening. This whole nonsense is out of fucking hand.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea it was NoDak that said that.
Well, to be fair to NoDak, it has been made political. You can't deny that. But, my point was, the NFL specific thing to me isn't political. It's outrageous. And, the fact that you insist on them getting this vaccine so you can "win some football games" is terrible. Just my opinion.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I couldn't care less if Jack Mesgott who works at the fucking Piggly Wiggly gets vaccinated, but Dak Prescott and the rest of the players on my favorite team who would be harming the team's chances of success by not getting vaccinated had better do so.

It's funny, you all say you don't get worked up by this shit but as soon as I insinuate I care more about the team winning than these guys deciding whether or not they want to get vaccinated you launch into this political bullshit about what "they" want you to do.

I don't give a fuck about random schmoes getting vaccinated, nor do I necessarily think the NFL should be forcing forfeits on teams, but at the end of the day they are and ultimately all I care about is winning.
Nobody is getting worked up. Only stating that NFL players are human beings too. Just like ol' Jack Mesgott that's working at the fucking Piggly Wiggly. And they too have a right to decide for themselves if they want to get this vaccination or not.

And myself personally, I don't give a damn if it affects the NFL playing or not. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a game. If the NFL ceased to exist, life would still go on as normal. Keep giving up our basic human rights, and it will not. Pretty big difference.

You mention it's funny people getting worked up by this shit, but honestly Simp, you're the only one that's actually doing that here.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Me having a take on someone making their own decision about what to do with their own health is not fucking political. I think that is where you have my take twisted.
Exactly.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Nobody is getting worked up. Only stating that NFL players are human beings too. Just like ol' Jack Mesgott that's working at the fucking Piggly Wiggly. And they too have a right to decide for themselves if they want to get this vaccination or not.

And myself personally, I don't give a damn if it affects the NFL playing or not. In the grand scheme of things, it's just a game. If the NFL ceased to exist, life would still go on as normal. Keep giving up our basic human rights, and it will not. Pretty big difference.

You mention it's funny people getting worked up by this shit, but honestly Simp, you're the only one that's actually doing that here.
Comparing being forced to forfeit an NFL game to a basic human right is definitely worked up.

Using that sort of language shows where your mind is at on this, it's not like the league is saying you're banned for life if you aren't vaccinated.

Cotton

Staff member
Comparing being forced to forfeit an NFL game to a basic human right is definitely worked up.
Nah, son. You have this twisted. Being forced to forfeit an NFL game BECAUSE you are being forced to give up a human right is what is being discussed here.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What does "that's what they want you to think" mean?

Who is they? Sure as shit not the NFL.
Are you referring to this?

And this is the response/reaction the league and those in political power are aiming for.

:lol

Ok. You're right. I totally made this political.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Using that sort of language shows where your mind is at on this, it's not like the league is saying you're banned for life if you aren't vaccinated.
I truly think you are smarter than this. I said a game is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. And giving up your basic right to make your own medical decisions is where we would start giving up rights. I never compared them. I CLEARLY stated there was a big difference between the two. Which would be, ya know, the total opposite of comparing them.

Cotton

Staff member
I own a Cowboys message board. You can't get more committed than that when it comes to your team. You just can't. I do things in the background to keep this thing afloat that nobody ever even knows about, and they shouldn't need to. I took on this responsibility. But, I did it because I love the fuck out of this team, and I love the guys I get to post with. So, I want to say this again with pure clarity.

I would forfeit the entire season and go 0-17 before I would ever get behind players being forced into injecting an experimental drug into their bodies just to play a fucking game. I hope that is clear enough.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So just funny story, I get home, turn on the TV and of course the news is on talking about how people desperately want a third shot. It's crazy.

Cotton

Staff member
So just funny story, I get home, turn on the TV and of course the news is on talking about how people desperately want a third shot. It's crazy.
How many until they feel safe?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I own a Cowboys message board. You can't get more committed than that when it comes to your team. You just can't. I do things in the background to keep this thing afloat that nobody ever even knows about, and they shouldn't need to. I took on this responsibility. But, I did it because I love the fuck out of this team, and I love the guys I get to post with. So, I want to say this again with pure clarity.

I would forfeit the entire season and go 0-17 before I would ever get behind players being forced into injecting an experimental drug into their bodies just to play a fucking game. I hope that is clear enough.
TT isn't requiring all employees to be vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom