2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
Emmitt was still with his original team and coming off a thousand yard season when he passed Payton. Also, without Emmitt's couple of hanging on years he's still top 2 or 3. He doesn't fall all the way down to around 20th. Most great players have a couple of hanging on years at the end. Gore's is extreme and as a result his counting stats look way way better than he actually was.
Yeah, that’s why when I look at HOF candidacy, I usually look at where their stats fall with their top 7 seasons.

The fact that Gore amassed like 5 seasons of bottom tier starting RB stats shouldn’t add jack squat to his legacy. More power to Gore for earning that paycheck and doing what he loves, but that’s it.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
But it does.
I was just waiting for those HOF voter fuckers to deny Calvin Johnson. Retiring only at #32 receiving all time, waiting for HOF to exclude him for that, as if Calvin Johnson had done four more average seasons of 900 yards (jumping him to #5 behind Moss), somehow those four seasons make him first ballot?

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I don't recall Jackson getting this celebration to stick.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I was just waiting for those HOF voter fuckers to deny Calvin Johnson. Retiring only at #32 receiving all time, waiting for HOF to exclude him for that, as if Calvin Johnson had done four more average seasons of 900 yards (jumping him to #5 behind Moss), somehow those four seasons make him first ballot?

He's the Terrell Davis / Gayle Sayers argument though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
He's the Terrell Davis / Gayle Sayers argument though.
Calvin Johnson = Terrell Davis argument? No way.

Calvin Johnson had seven seasons over 1,000 yards receiving. He missed two games in 2009 for 984 yards or else he'd have eight. Compare that to Michael Irvin, who also had seven seasons +1,000 yards receiving and would've had an eighth in 1996 (962 yards in 11 games). Do you think Michael Irvin had too few seasons? Otherwise, only difference between Megatron and Irvin is that Irvin had an additional four seasons of 660 yards or less, which would be a preposterous metric to differentiate a Terrell Davis-type to Irvin-type.

Terrell Davis only had 4 seasons over 1,000 yards rushing. Davis' four seasons vs Irvin/Megatron's seven (can consider eight) seasons is a huge difference. Can't see how you could lump Calvin Johnson in with Terrell Davis.

Even for Gale Sayers, I wouldn't lump him in with Terrell Davis. Despite a short career, Sayers has the HOF benefit of being a 1960s pioneer with his the first-of-his-kind-style. Sayers still had five solid seasons.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Calvin Johnson = Terrell Davis argument? No way.

Calvin Johnson had seven seasons over 1,000 yards receiving. He missed two games in 2009 for 984 yards or else he'd have eight. Compare that to Michael Irvin, who also had seven seasons +1,000 yards receiving and would've had an eighth in 1996 (962 yards in 11 games). Do you think Michael Irvin had too few seasons? Otherwise, only difference between Megatron and Irvin is that Irvin had an additional four seasons of 660 yards or less, which would be a preposterous metric to differentiate a Terrell Davis-type to Irvin-type.

Terrell Davis only had 4 seasons over 1,000 yards rushing. Davis' four seasons vs Irvin/Megatron's seven (can consider eight) seasons is a huge difference. Can't see how you could lump Calvin Johnson in with Terrell Davis.

Even for Gale Sayers, I wouldn't lump him in with Terrell Davis. Despite a short career, Sayers has the HOF benefit of being a 1960s pioneer with his the first-of-his-kind-style. Sayers still had five solid seasons.

You're right, props.

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It is not funny. It shows how corrupt the officials are. Not to mention the spineless defenders.
It is beyond ridiculous they felt like they couldn't blow him to smithereens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom