2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You've claimed this stupidity multiple times. Please show us one person who has said this.

Just one.
It’s not this site really, but a desperate fanbase and overly optimistic proven corner whore owners.

Dallas needs a CB, therefore they must draft one in the first round regardless of the superior talent that should be available at 10. Damn the fact they got Diggs last year and have three corners capable of starting. The Hell with finding a more than capable player in later rounds thanks to a deep class.

It’s amusing. Top 100 draft boards have started shifting the CBs up based on this perceived need. At least Kiper has the balls to keep them in the middle first round on his top 100.

We may have a shot at a top five-ish player or a great trade down opportunity thanks to 3 WRs and fricking 5 QBs in high demand, but no, lets grab the one position (not player) with a safe rookie floor who actually isn’t a true top 10 talent. Why? Because, that’s what the Cowboys do.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The one-helmet rule is really stupid to begin with. It should never have been implemented.
I've never heard of this rule until now. A handful of teams like the Packers, Bears, and Steelers have been wearing different helmets with their throwbacks and I've never seen a word mentioned about the rule.

Cotton

Staff member
I've never heard of this rule until now. A handful of teams like the Packers, Bears, and Steelers have been wearing different helmets with their throwbacks and I've never seen a word mentioned about the rule.
I had never heard of the rule, either.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I had never heard of the rule, either.
Really? It’s the reason we stopped wearing the below uniforms despite their popularity. As a result of this rule, in 2013, we wore our road navy uniforms at home on Thanksgiving for the first time ever.

Same thing with the Tampa Bay creamsicle unis, Patriots Steve Grogan era reds and many more. Pretty much led to NFL creating the Color Rush uniforms to fill that third jersey void.

What 1bigfan is referring to is those throwbacks had the same helmet, but they swapped out the decals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom