2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Oh. I so gave a shit before.

I hope they bring his old ass back AND ignore QB in the draft.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Saints with Russell Wilson would suddenly be really interesting.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This is the logical consequence of the NFL buckling to black players' SJW demands. They now think they run the place. Instead of employees, they think they're "partners." Cowardly white owners, terrified of being branded "racist," can't meet their demands fast enough. And yes, McNair will cave in good time too.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He's rather go to the perenially terrible Jets (and a state with a high income tax) than Dallas? That's the Jerry effect for ya.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is the logical consequence of the NFL buckling to black players' SJW demands. They now think they run the place. Instead of employees, they think they're "partners." Cowardly white owners, terrified of being branded "racist," can't meet their demands fast enough. And yes, McNair will cave in good time too.
I don't think this is about race, I think it's about entitlement.

When guys make 40 million a year, it's easy to think they're more than just a player.

We've certainly seen it with white players as well. In all sports.

Has Wilson made SJW demands that I'm unaware of? Seems to me like he wants input in personnel and the offense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

When guys make 40 million a year, it's easy to think they're more than just a player.

Has Wilson made SJW demands that I'm unaware of? Seems to me like he wants input in personnel and the offense.
Yeah it seems like once a player is paid now they suddenly think they are more important and can make even bigger demands. We have seen this in basketball for awhile. It seems like it's starting to bleed over more to the NFL. I get it to some extent, everyone always thinks they are smarter than their boss. But these players didn't get paid because they are brilliant GMs or coaches. They got paid because of what they can do on the field. I think it's a bit arrogant for them to then think they deserve to impact the decision making outside of what they do on the field.

Wilson is particularly interesting because he is a QB that I never thought his team would ever move. He is one of those guys that if another team calls about a trade I assume the Seahawks would simply say there is no offer that could pry him from us. Basically an untouchable franchise guy. And yet here we are. QB's are suddenly getting this feeling that they can just pick whatever team they want and play for them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yeah, this isn't about race at all. I can actually see it from both stand points. Wilson is no doubt upset that they outright dismissed his input. I think that's dumb of the team. You may not do what he is asking for, but at least take his input. I would imagine it has its value. At the same time, Wilson should know they may not take his advice and run with it.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

No, not about race per se but rather the fallout from the NFL being bullied on BLM issues. The players smell blood/weakness and are taking advantage of it, knowing full well the cucked media will take their side in any dispute with eeeevil white owners or coaches. I mean, Stephen A. says flat out that Miami is an attractive destination for Watson because they have a black coach and GM, as if race is the issue in Houston.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

When a guy is making $40million a year, it's funny to hear him gripe about not having proper protection upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom