Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Meyer is getting hell for this hire.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What am I missing here? Who is Chris Doyle and why would Urban catch hell for hiring him and why would he immediately resign after being hired?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What am I missing here? Who is Chris Doyle and why would Urban catch hell for hiring him and why would he immediately resign after being hired?
I didn't know either. I looked it up and apparently Doyle had some controversy at a previous job (Iowa maybe?) where he was accused of racial discrimination of some sort. From what I can tell he denies it and may have actually won a settlement against the school that fired him over it. But the details appear to be sealed so it's hard to tell exactly what happened.

But of course as we all know, accusations mean 100% guilty.

All that said, probably not a wise hire by Meyer given this is an easily filled position and it's not like this guy is OMG best ever. Probably not worth the headache.

Of course Meyer didn't make it better by saying he worked with the guy previously when it's actually not true.

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't know either. I looked it up and apparently Doyle had some controversy at a previous job (Iowa maybe?) where he was accused of racial discrimination of some sort. From what I can tell he denies it and may have actually won a settlement against the school that fired him over it. But the details appear to be sealed so it's hard to tell exactly what happened.

But of course as we all know, accusations mean 100% guilty.

All that said, probably not a wise hire by Meyer given this is an easily filled position and it's not like this guy is OMG best ever. Probably not worth the headache.

Of course Meyer didn't make it better by saying he worked with the guy previously when it's actually not true.
Thank you. I had no idea about any of this. This cancel culture bullshit is out of fucking hand. If he credibly did it, then he deserves to be ostracized, but if he didn't, this is bullshit.

data

Forbes #1
Dude, it’s the Jaguars. They haven’t even been to a Conference Championship Game in like....

...well, before 2017’s lucky run, it hasn’t been since...

nevermind.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I would do that before I give up McCaffery. That would be monumentally stupid.
I don't want any RB who makes big $, and McCaffrey just signed an extension. Injury-plagued year, too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't want any RB who makes big $, and McCaffrey just signed an extension. Injury-plagued year, too.
Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see him holding up well for very long.

If I were Carolina I think I'd do this.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Maybe I'm wrong but I just can't see him holding up well for very long.

If I were Carolina I think I'd do this.
Oh, me too, but be wary of any player a team wants to throw in. Houston should pick the player, not Carolina.

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom