Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Eliminating the week 1 MNF doubleheader would be fine with me. Most fans in the central and eastern time zones don't even stay up to watch that second game because they either have work or school the next day.

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I hope most of these chicks were pre-pandemic, because it would be insane to have that many different women "service" you while everyone else is social distancing.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

I wonder if this precludes them from taking a QB at #8.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't have given even that much. He is garbage.
You are little harsh...he is like a third round type QB in any draft. Not great, but he had his moments...like kicking our ass coming off of mono a couple of years ago. But yeah...the extra picks were a bit rich.

I just wonder if they dump Bridgewater now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I wonder if this precludes them from taking a QB at #8.
I'd take Trey Lance in that situation. Let him sit and learn and he may be a stud. That's just me. My guess is the Panthers won't though. Coaches don't have the luxury of patience in the NFL. So while that would be best for their team my guess is the coach is going to do everything to make Darnold work there because if not he might not have a job in a year or two.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Seems like insurance in case they get blocked out of a QB in the first. I'm sure they'd still go Lance or Fields if they're available, although they might pass on Jones if someone like Sewell or Pitts falls somehow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems like insurance in case they get blocked out of a QB in the first. I'm sure they'd still go Lance or Fields if they're available, although they might pass on Jones if someone like Sewell or Pitts falls somehow.
Yeah they literally gave up pennies in this draft for Darnold. The picks are really a year from now.

Cotton

Staff member
A 2nd, 4th and 6th for insurance? If true, that’s idiotic.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
A 2nd, 4th and 6th for insurance? If true, that’s idiotic.
The 2nd and 4th are next year which roughly equates to a 3 and a 5 this year, which is a pittance when talking about rolling the dice at QB and avoiding being left at the altar if/when the top 4 go ahead of your pick.

Based on the general consensus I'd imagine they aren't that in love with Jones given that they coached him at the Senior Bowl and are concerned that he'd be their only choice at 8. So they either get a falling Fields or Lance or an elite positional player like Sewell or Pitts.

Unfortunately I think this mostly rules out our chances of getting Sewell at 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom