2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is Denver any better of a situation than Jacksonville for Quinn? Better ownership I guess, some pieces on defense, but no QB. I really hope he stays with Dallas for at least another year.
Only if you think Lock is salvageable.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Is Denver any better of a situation than Jacksonville for Quinn? Better ownership I guess, some pieces on defense, but no QB. I really hope he stays with Dallas for at least another year.
They need to fix the QB position but I think Denver's overall roster is better than Jacksonville.

Also, lets be honest, Denver's QB situation might actually be better than Jacksonville's. Aside from a few flashes here and there, Trevor Lawrence looked awful this year. But he still deserves the benefit of the doubt considering the environment/mess that Urban Meyer created. So you can still buy into his potential whereas with Denver's QBs we pretty much know what they are at this point.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Quinn really wanted to work with George Paton (now Broncos GM) when he went to Atlanta but it didn't work out. I'm not sure what the tie is but I wouldn't be surprised if there was already an under the table deal in place given their history, which may have been why he turned down the Jags.

With that said, getting rid of a defensive-minded HC who was generally regarded as one of the best DC's in the league before getting to Denver, and who mostly had really solid defenses while in Denver, in order to hire another defensive-minded HC who may be better off as a DC than HC just like the guy they just fired, well...might be a tough sell.

They'd be better off poaching Bienimy from the Chiefs and weakening their rival at the same time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quinn really wanted to work with George Paton (now Broncos GM) when he went to Atlanta but it didn't work out. I'm not sure what the tie is but I wouldn't be surprised if there was already an under the table deal in place given their history, which may have been why he turned down the Jags.

With that said, getting rid of a defensive-minded HC who was generally regarded as one of the best DC's in the league before getting to Denver, and who mostly had really solid defenses while in Denver, in order to hire another defensive-minded HC who may be better off as a DC than HC just like the guy they just fired, well...might be a tough sell.

They'd be better off poaching Bienimy from the Chiefs and weakening their rival at the same time.
Told you that they were going to fire their coach.

But ultimately it was a dumb move. Their problem is QB, not head coach. They fix QB and they would have been competitors. Now they risk hurting the defense which was one of the best. All because their QBs sucked. Quinn would basically be a lateral move who would do the same stuff until they find a real QB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Told you that they were going to fire their coach.

But ultimately it was a dumb move. Their problem is QB, not head coach. They fix QB and they would have been competitors. Now they risk hurting the defense which was one of the best. All because their QBs sucked. Quinn would basically be a lateral move who would do the same stuff until they find a real QB.
Pretty much, unfortunately I think Quinn just happens to be Paton's "guy".

Meanwhile Leslie Frazier, with a profile very similar to Quinn, has been churning out strong defenses as Buffalo's DC for about 4 years and has barely gotten a sniff for a HC position.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Got to make it there first, asshole.
I hope we get a shot at him again.

And don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be at all confident in that matchup, but that just seems like that's the matchup that has to happen for us to get where we want to go, doesn't it?

Every time you see a team finally get over the hump, it usually involves them getting over certain obstacles that have historically gotten in their way.

So bring that fucker on. If this team truly has it then we're gonna find some way to win that.

If not, then we weren't SB material.

But imagine if we do make it and we eliminate that douchebag along the way?

What a thrill.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Is Denver any better of a situation than Jacksonville for Quinn?

Infinitely better.

Remember that Gus Bradley was HC in Jacksonville and there's a real possibility he warned Quinn against going there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I hope we get a shot at him again.

And don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be at all confident in that matchup, but that just seems like that's the matchup that has to happen for us to get where we want to go, doesn't it?

Every time you see a team finally get over the hump, it usually involves them getting over certain obstacles that have historically gotten in their way.

So bring that fucker on. If this team truly has it then we're gonna find some way to win that.

If not, then we weren't SB material.

But imagine if we do make it and we eliminate that douchebag along the way?

What a thrill.

It would be awesome if it happened, but I'm rooting for the easiest path possible.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

LMAO
it was pathetic. they didn't trust Fromm to throw a nine yard pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom