2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
While I agree that most of Elliott's issues are health-related, and that he probably has another 1-2 solid years left, I'd look to draft a RB as high as the 3rd this year (Hall from Iowa St. for example would be a good fit). He'll be 27 next year and we have to start planning for a future without him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'd strongly consider using Clement some instead of Zeke. It's a long season and a fresh Zeke come playoff time would make a far bigger difference for this team. What Zeke is doing right now isn't probably any better than Clement would do. I know Zeke is a competitor and won't use injuries as an excuse but I think the guy needs some real rest.
I thought the same thing. Give Clement some snaps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I agree that most of Elliott's issues are health-related, and that he probably has another 1-2 solid years left, I'd look to draft a RB as high as the 3rd this year (Hall from Iowa St. for example would be a good fit). He'll be 27 next year and we have to start planning for a future without him.
Yeah this isn't the same Zeke from 4 years ago. RB's burn out so quickly in the NFL and while Pollard looks good now it's probably time to get another RB in here to sort of take over the Zeke duties or at least provide a legit third option.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The pass protection was mostly fine, Dak just held the ball a bit too long a few times. The run blocking was suspect although that's harder to decipher in real time, I'll go back and watch the replay but I'd be shocked if dumbledore Jones had an accurate assessment of the run blocking from watching the game live.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The pass protection was mostly fine, Dak just held the ball a bit too long a few times. The run blocking was suspect although that's harder to decipher in real time, I'll go back and watch the replay but I'd be shocked if dumbledore Jones had an accurate assessment of the run blocking from watching the game live.
Yeah the pass blocking wasn't bad. Maybe not a stone wall but Dak had time to throw.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah the pass blocking wasn't bad. Maybe not a stone wall but Dak had time to throw.
It was the run blocking that sucked ass. But the pass blocking wasn’t exactly great.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was the run blocking that sucked ass. But the pass blocking wasn’t exactly great.
Not I'm not saying it was great either. I give the pass blocking like a B and the run blocking a D+. The + is mostly because there were some really good blocks on that one Polllard run.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
No way Zeke stays on Cowboys roster past next year. He's a half grade above a JAG right now and he'll be due to make $11 mil in 2023. One more season and he gone.

I'd wait at least 16 months to draft a RB in top 3 rounds. Maybe see if we can value shop.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
No way Zeke stays on Cowboys roster past next year. He's a half grade above a JAG right now and he'll be due to make $11 mil in 2023. One more year.

I'd wait at least 16 months to draft a RB in top 3 rounds. Maybe see if we can value shop.
I think most NFL teams are moving away from ground pounders in general and going with the quick/fast RBs. Pollard would be fine with another guy similar to his build who could rotate in and out to help with the pounding. Zeke is just slowing down badly. Bad knee, whatever but it’s been on a downward slope with his top gear.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
I think most NFL teams are moving away from ground pounders in general and going with the quick/fast RBs. Pollard would be fine with another guy similar to his build who could rotate in and out to help with the pounding. Zeke is just slowing down badly. Bad knee, whatever but it’s been on a downward slope with his top gear.
The only thing to really like about the guy is his blocking.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hard to believe its just a bone bruise but thats just the skeptic in me. The team needs to sit him and should have sat him against the Saints.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
I come to bury Zeke, not to praise him

...With more info...

PFF Elusiveness Rating:
Zeke: 27.3. (ranking 54th out of 63 qualified running backs)
Pollard: 77.9 (ranking 10th)

Shed Tackles:
Zeke: 17
Pollard: 24

Yards Per Carry:
Zeke: 4.4
Pollard: 5.6

Yards Per Catch:
Zeke: 5.8
Pollard: 8.4

Dak needs to find a new BFF.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
Don't like Shakespeare? Wait til I start pulling in gems from Kierkegaard, Jung and of course the eternal Eric Cartman.

And the silky smooth segue from Shakespeare-greatness to PFF-greatness...you gonna hate on that?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom