2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wouldn't be surprised if Stephen made a move like that once Jerry is dead, he knows the fan base would love it and he doesn't crave the attention/credit the way Jerry does.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised if Stephen made a move like that once Jerry is dead, he knows the fan base would love it and he doesn't crave the attention/credit the way Jerry does.
Sort of how I see it. I love some Aikman but I'm not so sure how great he would be as a GM. Wouldn't really be my choice.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I’m trying to understand what would qualify Aikman as a GM. He has never proven that he can evaluate talent or oversee an organization.
Because he's family. Colin Cowherd last week said that 14 of our top 15 highest paid players are ones that we drafted.* In short, we only trust "our own."

*I'm guessing Cooper is the exception. Is this true? Beats me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd pick Will McClay over Aikman as GM.
I’m not going to be picky. If he will just hire a GM I will consider it a huge victory. After 25+ years of this the last thing I’m going to do is nitpick the selection.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They're not hiring a GM.

That said, if they did I would be picky about it. No different than hiring a coach really.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry wouldn't hire him as a real GM, which is what Troy would want. Troy would want to run the entire show like a real GM. No way Jerry or Stephen actually give that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom