2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Same here. I didn't know anything about him but after reading up on him and understanding what his role will probably be with this defense, it feels like we got a nice late-round steal.
Man, I hope you're right. With solid interior line play, the LBers will perform 10 times better.

Cotton

Staff member
PFF as usual demonstrating they don't know shit.
You don't think Pollard is underrated? It's probably debatable, but he is definitely underused.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
PFF as usual demonstrating they don't know shit.
Yeah, he's a nice change of pace RB in limited doses but he's definitely not a lead RB who you build your running game around.

Out of curiosity, who would you call the Cowboys most underrated player?

Without thinking about it too much I'm leaning Dalton Schultz. He proved to be pretty consistent but he gets overlooked due to the star power we have at the other skill positions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, I hope you're right. With solid interior line play, the LBers will perform 10 times better.
Yeah Osa is the guy who you really hope can become an interior stud. You're hoping for Grady Jarrett type out of him.

But Bohanna fits something we have all craved for so long. His type aren't valued highly in the NFL anymore. But it's very underrated in my opinion. Stopping the run and knocking guys backwards is still really important. A 2 down DT still has a big impact on the game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You don't think Pollard is underrated? It's probably debatable, but he is definitely underused.
No, I think in general he's probably rated right around where he should be. By fans of the team he's probably a little overrated.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, he's a nice change of pace RB in limited doses but he's definitely not a lead RB who you build your running game around.

Without thinking about it too much I'm leaning Dalton Schultz. He proved to be pretty consistent but he gets overlooked due to the star power we have at the other skill positions.
It's tough. Maybe Wilson on defense?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Exactly. Good for a handful of plays per game where they try to get him in space. Much more than that and he's getting exposed.

Schultz is exactly who I was thinking. Schultz put up top five / top ten in the league TE stats while being the 3rd/4th/5th option most of the time. Yet most of the writers for the team seem to assume Jarwin is getting his starting spot back despite never having remotely put up the production Schultz has.

Speaking of, Jarwin may very well be the team's most overrated player.

Cotton

Staff member
Posting this every time I see it. So much going on in this video. The guy falling for no reason at about the :06 mark might be the best part of it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very underutilized.

Pollard may be underrated but that doesn't mean his role should be expanded significantly either. I do think he is really good as the change of pace back. So in that sense I think he is underrated sometimes by fans and media. But this isn't a guy waiting in the wings to be your workhorse either. He should always be used in tandem with a guy like Zeke or another power back.

Cotton

Staff member
Pollard may be underrated but that doesn't mean his role should be expanded significantly either. I do think he is really good as the change of pace back. So in that sense I think he is underrated sometimes by fans and media. But this isn't a guy waiting in the wings to be your workhorse either. He should always be used in tandem with a guy like Zeke or another power back.
He is definitely not your workhorse, but he without a doubt needs more touches. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom