2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
While this is probably true I'm already tired of the bullshit clamoring from the fans and media who think they're being smart by calling for Pollard to start.

At the end of the day Pollard can't handle 20-25 touches every game for 17 weeks, he needs someone like Elliott to split time with and keep him fresh so he can be most impactful. If I had to pick only one of them to be the bell cow it'd still be Elliott because I think Pollard is literally incapable of doing it week in and week out while staying effective.

Now, that doesn't change the fact that Pollard will probably be more impactful because he has gamebreaking speed, or the fact that Elliott is clearly overpaid, but the fact of the matter is that Elliott still needs to have a big role in the offense.

The balance we have right now between the two is actually just about perfect, even if Elliott is overpaid. Just go with the hot hand on a game by game basis and it'll all work itself out.

It's just that stupid Cowboy fans and the media who don't actually know shit about football love to fetishize "lead backs" like we should always have an Emmitt-type situation with a single back who gets 90% of the touches.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take this version of Diggs (not even projecting further improvement) over peak-Byron Jones any day. Jones is probably the better pure cover man but give me the guy with the elite ball skills who can take the ball away, even if that guy gives up a few more plays.

Jones couldn't even dream of the INT Diggs came up with against the Chargers.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
While this is probably true I'm already tired of the bullshit clamoring from the fans and media who think they're being smart by calling for Pollard to start.
And let's stop the "thunder and lightning" nonsense. Zeke ain't no bowling ball that knocks over defenders.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

At the end of the day Pollard can't handle 20-25 touches every game for 17 weeks, he needs someone like Elliott to split time with and keep him fresh so he can be most impactful. If I had to pick only one of them to be the bell cow it'd still be Elliott because I think Pollard is literally incapable of doing it week in and week out while staying effective.

Now, that doesn't change the fact that Pollard will probably be more impactful because he has gamebreaking speed, or the fact that Elliott is clearly overpaid, but the fact of the matter is that Elliott still needs to have a big role in the offense.

The balance we have right now between the two is actually just about perfect, even if Elliott is overpaid. Just go with the hot hand on a game by game basis and it'll all work itself out.

It's just that stupid Cowboy fans and the media who don't actually know shit about football love to fetishize "lead backs" like we should always have an Emmitt-type situation with a single back who gets 90% of the touches.
The Eagles have been doing this for years successfully. Other teams as well. Jerry is till dreaming of finding another Emmitt.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If he didn't actually test positive it would seem likely he plays, especially since it's a Monday game.
Yeah probably just a precaution for this moment so that if he does get sick other players on the team don't also get sick.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah probably just a precaution for this moment so that if he does get sick other players on the team don't also get sick.
Apparently he's unvaccinated so he has to go into a 5 day quarantine, but even with that he'd only be in quarantine until Sunday, as long as he doesn't test positive he should be able to play.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom