2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroClub

UFA
Listening to recent pressers, the current coaches talk about finding defensive players who have a knack for generating turnovers. That's very good news, but how did the Cowboys get away from that in the first place?

Too much "right kind of guy"?

With Jimmy's constant emphasis on "playmakers," you'd think it'd be difficult for the franchise to have forgotten it.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Listening to recent pressers, the current coaches talk about finding defensive players who have a knack for generating turnovers. That's very good news, but how did the Cowboys get away from that in the first place?

Too much "right kind of guy"?

With Jimmy's constant emphasis on "playmakers," you'd think it'd be difficult for the franchise to have forgotten it.
Hey you, how have you been?

ZeroClub

UFA
I think their problem has been leaning too heavily on scheme fit over talent. Perfect example of that was in 2017 when they took Charlton over Watt.
There's no denying that Taco was a mistake. And he wasn't even an RKG.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I certainly don't view McCaffery as the best back in the league. I get it, the guy is a WR in terms of receiving ability. But as a runner he is down the list for me. I guess you can't argue with his total yards production from a couple years ago it was pretty unreal. I'm just not sure he will ever duplicate that again.

But honestly does anyone really care about Madden's ratings anymore? I used to love these games. But they just don't do it for me anymore for some reason.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I certainly don't view McCaffery as the best back in the league. I get it, the guy is a WR in terms of receiving ability. But as a runner he is down the list for me. I guess you can't argue with his total yards production from a couple years ago it was pretty unreal. I'm just not sure he will ever duplicate that again.
Yeah, I can't believe in him either. Whatever big numbers he does produce I don't think will last very long. I think he's a blown-up 185 pounder.

data

Forbes #1
The GOAT RB right here.

I love how enthralled people get with flashier runners but I wouldn't take a single other RB if I had to win a playoff game tomorrow.
I have Walter Payton higher. I constantly go back and forth on Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk and Barry's place in relation to Emmitt. I do have Emmitt higher than Adrian Peterson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I can't believe in him either. Whatever big numbers he does produce I don't think will last very long. I think he's a blown-up 185 pounder.
Yeah my gut tells me the guy is going to fall off a cliff in the next couple years and become almost irrelevant. But I could be totally wrong. I don't have anything to use as evidence other than McCaffery missed most of last year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I have Walter Payton higher. I constantly go back and forth on Eric Dickerson, OJ Simpson, LaDanian Tomlinson, Marshall Faulk and Barry's place in relation to Emmitt. I do have Emmitt higher than Adrian Peterson.
I never saw a few of those guys but I'm certain Emmitt is better than LT, Faulk, Sanders and of course Peterson. Just looking at stats and anecdotal things I'm comfortable with Emmitt above the others too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The GOAT RB right here.

I love how enthralled people get with flashier runners but I wouldn't take a single other RB if I had to win a playoff game tomorrow.
It would be between Emmitt and Payton for me. Hard choice. Those others that data came up with arent in the picture. Just a choice between these two.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The GOAT RB right here.

Emmitt did so many things that are underrated. At first glance it might be hard to choose Emmitt over LT or Walter Payton as all those
guys succeeded at a high level even when everyone knew they were getting the football, and the other two are maybe better known or had better production.

But Smith did it time and again. Smith had Walter Payton type toughness and LT type production against the toughest competition the NFL ever had for a playoff team.

Those 90's Eagles, Washington, and Giants defenses were brutal. I don't think Payton and Tomlinson had to punch their way past anything close, or if they did it wasn't nearly as often or as consistently as Emmitt did.

He punished the Steelers once in 3 Rivers for 171 yards rushing. Scored two TD's on them in the Superbowl despite having sprained his knee.

And who could ever forget that performance in the Meadowlands against Lawrence Taylor and Michael Strahan and that defense on that nasty turf after he had separated his shoulder. They hit him over and over again and he Kept. Getting. Up. Fucking greatest game ever by a RB.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The GOAT RB right here.

He was a TD machine
In 94 and 95.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
  • Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom