2021 Olympics Thread

data

Forbes #1
Why is the US media so obsessed with Osaka, a non-American? Because she's bi-racial?
Kournikova got a lot more attention. At least Osaka is/was #1 in the world.

In general, though, #1 non-American tennis players get a lot of attention - Federer, Nadal, Steffi Graf, Martina Navritilova.

Your question is moreso would she be receiving the same amount of US media obsession if she were a different biracial, like Asian/Mexican.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
Simone Biles has three gymanstics moves named after her. Whether fair or not, she's got a fourth one now -- it'll be known as pulling a Biles.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
In general, though, #1 non-American tennis players get a lot of attention - Federer, Nadal, Steffi Graf, Martina Navritilova.
SI just put her on the cover of their swimsuit issue. I don't think the others you listed could say the same.

data

Forbes #1
SI just put her on the cover of their swimsuit issue. I don't think the others you listed could say the same.
SI swimsuit issue is your reputable source? I'm growing VERY tired of uneducated statements like this. Go to ESPN and see what they think of Osaka. Then, post it. bbgun, YOU WILL POST THIS NEXT.

If I see your name beside a post after this time stamp that does not include what a major sports resource like ESPN has on this player, I will give you a couple of days off. You people WILL START THINKING AND START PROCESSING INFORMATION BEFORE YOU POST IDIOCY.

data

Forbes #1
You want the others? So you don’t leave disappointed, here you go...

data

Forbes #1
I'm not confident enough in my sexuality to click that link.
Your question your confidence to Federer? Baby steps then...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
It would be fun if a group of us were at a bar just betting drinks on random Olympic events we know nothing about.

“I’ll take the Lithuanian in Lane 3.”
“I got the green stripe flag country guy”

data

Forbes #1
With all the NFL bullshit and entitlement going on, rugby is piquing my interest

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Anyone watching the wrestling? It's some BS that the most all of the Americans are being hit with the passivity penalties.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom