2021 NFL Cuts/Signings

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The Rush/Gilbert decision had to come down to a practice/classroom decision. Maybe Gilbert just wasn’t showing anything there. Who knows? But like was said, they’re both subpar. Not a big loss either way.
Rush is our next Kellen Moore. You’re welcome.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not great, but better than our trash.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Obviously we'll get nothing and like it, but I'd give Sheldon Day a look.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Not great, but better than our trash.
Not really. I watch a lot of Vikings games, and this guy is a JAG. Career backup type that is meh at best. He's been in the league 4 years. Long enough to show what he is by now, which isn't much. Only started last year in Minnesota because of players in front of him sitting out due to covid. And didn't do much with the opportunity.

Signed with Houston this past spring as a FA, and released before ever taking a meaningful snap for them. That should tell you something. At least our guys have youth on their side with the chance to improve.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I honestly don't know what to make of Gilbert.

We've seen him play a regular season game and perform decent for a backup, all things considered.

We've never seen that from Rush one way or another.

To me, that means Rush should have had to clearly beat out Gilbert. That didn't happen - at best it was a push.

I just don't understand what they're looking at. Shouldn't they lean towards the guy who we've seen actually do it for real?
Moore loves him some Rush. He was going to get endless chances. What’s crazy is both of them fucking suck.

You’d think there wouldbe at least 64 people in the world who could play the position worth a damn. Especially when so many play for so long.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom