2021 NFL Coach/GM Firings/Hirings

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Imagine beings a Texans fan, seeing your team declined interviews by candidates, but them having no problem doing so with the Jets.
You would think the Texans job from a talent perspective as a coach would be intriguing.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
You would think the Texans job from a talent perspective as a coach would be intriguing.
Exactly. Perhaps the two most key pieces of the puzzle are already in place with QB and LT. The real shame is that despite the investment in Tunsil, Watson was still the second most sacked QB this year, though his penchant for not throwing it away is probably his biggest flaw right now.

I think there are serious questions in terms of ownership, rightfully so. Then again, considering the leash and leeway that BoB was granted for a while, you would think there would be more suitors. Then again, its a very competitive division at the top, with the chance for Jacksonville to be on the come up. If Houston flounders again next year (which they will with their lack of draft capital and cap flexibility), I fully expect Watson to flex his leverage and ask for a trade publicly.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Pretty nuts, considering their owner has been babbling on about how he is going to have control over the roster.

That‘s right, Jacksonville has their own Jerry now.
You'd think a coach with Urban Meyer's pedigree would tell Khan to get bent. Those type of working conditions should only be acceptable to coaches who are desperate or those just breaking into the HC ranks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You'd think a coach with Urban Meyer's pedigree would tell Khan to get bent. Those type of working conditions should only be acceptable to coaches who are desperate or those just breaking into the HC ranks.
Myers isnt a proven pro coach. The stats of college coaches going pro isn’t good. It’s the same comparison as college players aren’t necessarily an automatic success going pro. Thei number of college players are huge but some of those who get selected don’t make it either. Stated another way, Myers is really in no position to make demands based on the fact that he is a gamble if he gets the job. I would say the same applies to any college coach who transitions into the pro ranks need to prove their abilities before they get controls. Picking your staff being the exception.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Myers isnt a proven pro coach. The stats of college coaches going pro isn’t good. It’s the same comparison as college players aren’t necessarily an automatic success going pro. Thei number of college players are huge but some of those who get selected don’t make it either. Stated another way, Myers is really in no position to make demands based on the fact that he is a gamble if he gets the job. I would say the same applies to any college coach who transitions into the pro ranks need to prove their abilities before they get controls. Picking your staff being the exception.
I just can't deal with you referring to him as Meyers. It's like you don't know who he is.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would love nothing more than to see Irvin Myers go full Petrino for the Eagles.
Or Spurrier or Chip Kelly.

Speaking of college coaches who've tried their hand in the NFL, the other day on the radio someone mentioned that we're probably going to see more notable CFB coaches make the leap to the NFL due to the rigors of modern day recruiting. They mentioned that these days recruiting has become a lot more burdensome and is now pretty much a 24/7/365 job.

Top Bottom