2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas Tech has barely survived SFA.

That’s the most disheartening shit I’ve ever seen.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I'm standing by my prediction that he'll be on the Cowboys roster in some capacity heading into training camp once he graduates Arkansas.

He might not make the final roster but they're going to make sure their boy gets some run.
If you were Washington or Philly would you draft him late just to mess with Jerry?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Texas Tech has barely survived SFA.

That’s the most disheartening shit I’ve ever seen.
and embarrassed in front of Shaq!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
After watching Notre Dame barely squeak by Toledo I said FSU's hard fought loss vs ND probably had more to do with ND not being as good as everyone expected.

I wake up this morning to FSU taking an L to Jacksonville State and it's looking like that's exactly the case.

In a matter of 24 hours FSU fans went from a feeling of euphoria to the reality that this could be worse than the Willie Taggart years. :lol

ZeroClub

UFA
Spencer Petras, Iowa QB, isn't consistent and some folks aren't impressed by him, but he flashed some ability and presence in the 2nd quarter of a big (for Iowa) rivalry game yesterday. If he can build on his strengths, he may have something.

I'm not hyping him too much, but in a world where Ben DiNucci gets a legitimate shot and Cooper Rush wins a roster spot, who is to say?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Spencer Petras, Iowa QB, isn't consistent and some folks aren't impressed by him, but he flashed some ability and presence in the 2nd quarter of a big (for Iowa) rivalry game yesterday. If he can build on his strengths, he may have something.

I'm not hyping him too much, but in a world where Ben DiNucci gets a legitimate shot and Cooper Rush wins a roster spot, who is to say?
Iowa State has a really good defense. They're especially strong at LB (arguably the best LB corps in CFB).

So I wouldn't ding him too much based on what he did or didn't do yesterday.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Iowa State has a really good defense. They're especially strong at LB (arguably the best LB corps in CFB).

So I wouldn't ding him too much based on what he did or didn't do yesterday.
He just frustrates me with his pocket awareness. You're in field goal range and he took unnecessary sacks on third down more than once. Just drives me nuts.

He does have NFL size and a good arm. And maybe it's just Iowa's offense in general. There was a point when the guy got in a groove and looked really good. But most of the other time he frustrates me.

Of course Iowa doesn't exactly have great receivers this year. Way too many white receivers...

ZeroClub

UFA
... There was a point when the guy got in a groove and looked really good. ...
Yeah, that's the part that caught my eye. I can see how he could be frustrating now, but I think he's got a good ceiling assuming he continues to develop.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't be so sure that Jordan Davis is a lock to be gone when we pick (presumably 20-25ish).

You know at least 3-4 QB's will go early, at least 2-3 WR's, 3-4 OL (Neal, Green, Linderbaum, etc.), 3-4 CB's (Stingley, Elam, Booth, Gardner, etc.) and a handful of other DL (Thibodeaux, Leal, Drake Jackson, Hutchison). Throw in Hamilton and that's already about 15-20 players who could very easily go ahead of him given that run-stuffing DT's are generally undervalued.

People thought Derrick Brown would go top 5, he went 7, people thought Vea would go top 10, he went 12. I don't think Davis will be considered as highly rated a prospect as those two, and if he's generally thought of as a guy who will go around 15-20, he could easily be there in the early 20's.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I knew Helton was on the hot seat after that loss to Stanford but I didn't think they'd pull the trigger so soon.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If you fired him after 2 games you were and offseason too late.

They haven't been able to right the ship for a while there.

ND, UT and USC should not languish like they currently have or have in recent past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom