2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
This'll go over well with the college kid working two jobs this summer trying to afford that $200 Chemistry textbook.

midswat

... soon
Oklahoma and Texas trying to join the SEC?

You don’t want any of this smoke.

I mean, not Tennessee smoke. But the good teams of the sec smoke. You know….

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

They would have to get 3/4s of the conference to vote to allow them in so not going to happen. I'd bet they leaked this for leverage in their tv contract renewal that is coming up soon

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I want Oklahoma to get out of the Big 12 but I didn't want to see them go to the SEC. I wanted them to go to the PAC 12. But I understand the regional value of playing in the SEC vs the PAC 12. There's a lot more blue chip athletes in the Southeast than out West. So joining the SEC would probably be better for them

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
They would have to get 3/4s of the conference to vote to allow them in so not going to happen. I'd bet they leaked this for leverage in their tv contract renewal that is coming up soon
Possibly.

I know A&M doesn't want them in the SEC. The one thing they can hold over OU and Texas in the battle for Texas recruits is the fact that A&M plays in the SEC. If that advantage goes away I'd image A&M's recruiting would take a bit of a dip.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Possibly.

I know A&M doesn't want them in the SEC. The one thing they can hold over OU and Texas in the battle for Texas recruits is the fact that A&M plays in the SEC. If that advantage goes away I'd image A&M's recruiting would take a bit of a dip.
Arky and Missouri would def vote no and USCe, Florida, and Georgia are in the same boat as us with us being the only SEC teams in the state, they wouldn't want to set that kind of precedent either.

This applies to the sips, not sure even we would vote against yall joining

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I fucking hate UT so damn much. And, now OU might be on my shitlist. Let's either fill out the Big 12 or all of us move on. The Big 12 would crumble without UT and OU and that's terrible. But, at the same time, I don't want TTU in the SEC.

midswat

... soon
I fucking hate UT so damn much. And, now OU might be on my shitlist. Let's either fill out the Big 12 or all of us move on. The Big 12 would crumble without UT and OU and that's terrible. But, at the same time, I don't want TTU in the SEC.
Woah…. You almost got yourself knocked tf out son. You lucky I realized you’re talking about that Texas school and not the real UT.

midswat

... soon
In my NCAA 2014 dynasty I moved Texas A&M and Mizzou back into the big 12. Neither feel right in the SEC.

Yes I still play NCAA 2014 from time to time. It’s the only place I get to see Tennessee win.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In my NCAA 2014 dynasty I moved Texas A&M and Mizzou back into the big 12. Neither feel right in the SEC.

Yes I still play NCAA 2014 from time to time. It’s the only place I get to see Tennessee win.
I would play a newer version of that game.

Cotton

Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Reports today are that the only 2 teams that will vote no are A&M and Missouri, so they’ll have the votes.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom