2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Why Mahlzan over Lebby @Deuce

Not at all a Mahlzan fan. You’ve had an edge in the aac for years behind that offense and getting meh QBs to play above their heads. The next QB Mahlzan develops will be his first.

D

Deuce

Why Mahlzan over Lebby @Deuce

Not at all a Mahlzan fan. You’ve had an edge in the aac for years behind that offense and getting meh QBs to play above their heads. The next QB Mahlzan develops will be his first.
New AD wanted to make a splash with a proven guy. Malzahn wasn’t my first choice, but I can roll with it. Also there’s this...

midswat

... soon
I don’t know what kind of coach Heupel will be, but you didn’t upgrade. I base that solely on how mediocre Malzahn is. This isn’t me mocking the UCF hire just to give you shit. Gus was a common name tied to Tennessee and I hated the idea.

Check around Auburn forums. How you ucf guys shit on Heupel.... Auburn fans have been doing that for years. And it was the Auburn defense led by Kevin Steele tha carried that team

Odds are strong we’re both in a coaching search the next 3-4 years.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think that Gus to UCF is a pretty big win. What’s the QB a situation at UCF?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Gus isn’t good with QBs, skid
Well, that was part of the reason I asked the question. He’s gotta have a really good QB. Having said that, Gus seems like a perfect fit for UCF to me. He doesn’t have to face what he faces in the SEC on a regular basis. He is probably a better coach than most in the AAC and the talent is good. Seems like a win-win to me.

D

Deuce

I think that Gus to UCF is a pretty big win. What’s the QB a situation at UCF?
He’s got what should have been a 2x conference offensive player of the year and a Heisman candidate going forward. Plus some solid young depth behind him.

If Heupel gets props for anything, he can spot QB talent. The only targets he’s missed on in terms of getting them were Purdy at Iowa St and Sims at GT. Both have been good young players and Purdy could be legit next year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
targeting rule annoys me. just call a personal foul and be done with it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
targeting rule annoys me. just call a personal foul and be done with it.
It bugs me because it is so subjective. it is rarely called consistently.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
@Deuce I question your choice of co-DC in David Gibbs. Can’t be good. Please review his tenure at TTU.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Unavailable
They're saying he got all his stuff back. From my understanding, the items were recovered but they're still looking into who stole them in the first place.

This was the second time in a month someone has robbed him. About a month ago someone broke into his truck and stole a bunch of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom