Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

Stepping stone school, @Deuce.

Don’t know much about Heupel but I love the fact that both the AD and Coach realize that a dumpster fire University of Tennessee under investigations is STILL a more desirable place than UCF.
I think this was more of a case of a coach going 11-1 with someone else’s talent and regressing to 6-4 with his own in 3 years. He saw the writing on the wall with his trend and a new boss coming in.

You aren’t going to find a lot of disappointed UCF fans today...which is a complete 180 from the view of losing Danny White. His offense put up numbers but were very undisciplined, left a lot of points on the field and he had a small revolt in the locker room which led to a lot of people leaving and dismissals. Good luck with that with entitled SEC kids.

midswat

... soon
You aren’t going to find a lot of disappointed UCF fans today
Well of course not. You’re a delusional bunch and you live in the land of make believe.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Football coaching is so weird. Heupel was fired from OU as an OC, later ended up at UCF and now is an SEC HC.

Kingsbury was fired from TTU (a lower tier P5 school) and is now a HC in the NFL.

:dunno

midswat

... soon
Football coaching is so weird. Heupel was fired from OU as an OC, later ended up at UCF and now is an SEC HC.

Kingsbury was fired from TTU (a lower tier P5 school) and is now a HC in the NFL.

:dunno
Coaching hires are complete crapshoots. A few years ago, Scott Frost and Chip Kelly were hot name big name hires. Both look like ass now.

Tom Herman seemed like a cant miss leaving Houston. Still unemployed.

drinkowits or whatever at Mizzou was a wtf hire but he looks solid

It’s kind of like finding a QB. Hard to do sometimes.

Cotton

Staff member

midswat

... soon
@1bigfan13 Congrats.... Tennessee’s misery has been good for you. Just landed Eric Gray. Kid can win the Heisman in the right offense. He’s that damned good.

This one hurts to see go.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
@1bigfan13 Congrats.... Tennessee’s misery has been good for you. Just landed Eric Gray. Kid can win the Heisman in the right offense. He’s that damned good.

This one hurts to see go.
I knew it was between Oklahoma and Texas, so I felt good about our chances.

This is one that OU really needed. The other two guys they got from Tenn were great adds but we already had decent talent and depth at those positions. However, we were really hurting for RBs.

We missed out on Camar Wheaton who opted to go to Bama. For whatever reason Demarco Murrary (our RB coach) didn't have a backup plan. It was Wheaton or bust.

midswat

... soon
@Deuce You guys gonna hire a new coach or you gonna just pretend you have a coach like you pretend you have a championship?

:shrug

D

Deuce

@Deuce You guys gonna hire a new coach or you gonna just pretend you have a coach like you pretend you have a championship?

:shrug
We’re hiring an AD first and letting him hire the coach. Ya know, doing things the right way.

We interviewed a bunch this week and an offer is out, just waiting to see if we get him. Typically I wouldn’t be concerned because we showed the ability to pay top dollar for AD’s to White and there are a lot of other desirable traits to the job. But we are targeting a current P5 AD who is being asked to leave that SEC bagman to take an AAC job. He’s got some soul searching to do.

But if we do get him, I’m coming back in here claiming SEC jobs are stepping stones to us. 😁

midswat

... soon

But we are targeting a current P5 AD who is being asked to leave that SEC bagman to take an AAC job. He’s got some soul searching to do.

But if we do get him, I’m coming back in here claim into SEC jobs are stepping stones to us.
Back to reality you go....

D

Deuce

Back to reality you go....
I have no problem with this hire. Him or the Buffalo AD were my top targets for non-P5. We could have had the Mizzou guy, but he’s underwhelming and glad we passed on him. The guy we missed on was the Auburn AD. Not sure why it fell through, but now we move on to a coach.

midswat

... soon
I have no problem with this hire. Him or the Buffalo AD were my top targets for non-P5. We could have had the Mizzou guy, but he’s underwhelming and glad we passed on him. The guy we missed on was the Auburn AD. Not sure why it fell through, [/but now we move on to a coach.
....😂

I think you have a pretty good ideau why it “fell through.”

Take your Sun Belt lackey and know your role.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

I think you have a pretty good ideau why it “fell through.”

Take your Sun Belt lackey and know you’re role.
your*

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

It was an interesting recruiting seasons with all the transfers and so forth. Things are changing rapidly with college free agency now in full play. Coaches will now need to be good at this type of roster management to be successful.

midswat

... soon
No I

It was an interesting recruiting seasons with all the transfers and so forth. Things are changing rapidly with college free agency now in full play. Coaches will now need to be good at this type of roster management to be successful.

IMO the only way this transfer portal works long term is if the NCAA eliminated the 25 initial counter rule. Because most teams will likely start leaving 2-4 spots open post NSD just to see who transfers after spring ball.

And countless kids will transfer if they’re not starting when they think they should. Especially QBs. Tennessee just signed a transfer QB and IIRC the article said there was something like 97 QBs in the transfer portal. That’s insane.

Cotton

Staff member
No I

IMO the only way this transfer portal works long term is if the NCAA eliminated the 25 initial counter rule. Because most teams will likely start leaving 2-4 spots open post NSD just to see who transfers after spring ball.

And countless kids will transfer if they’re not starting when they think they should. Especially QBs. Tennessee just signed a transfer QB and IIRC the article said there was something like 97 QBs in the transfer portal. That’s insane.
Yep, the transfer portal will become the NCAA free agency period similar to the NFL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom